• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery Car Resurrection

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Did that Camaro happen to be PINK?

I'm stopping by Lowe's on the way home today to pick up a few cans of Krylon...maybe some red and black...that seems to be VERY POPULAR with the chebbie crowd... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

I'm stopping by Lowe's on the way home today to pick up a few cans of Krylon...maybe some red and black...that seems to be VERY POPULAR with the chebbie crowd... :lol:
Red with some black skunk stripes and you have made it :jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

hey Ray...how's that 'Bu coming along..... :acme: ..

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:

In short - it isn't... That whole fiasco with the TV really took the wind out of my sails... And right now I'm traveling a lot (so I can't spend every waking hour I am home out in the toy box - we all know where that leads...), plus it is so freaking hot and muggy right now that I just don't want to be out there anyway. I figure by October things will slow down somewhat travel-wise, it will start cooling off, and maybe I can find some long-lost motivation by then. Really makes me ill to walk by it out in the garage to be honest; it's a beautiful car and it's just sitting there waiting for me to get off of my dead-a$$ and finish it... :brickwall:

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

Red with some black skunk stripes and you have made it :jester:

I'll tell you what send that pinky over here to the left coast and I will show you how we rock By the way if you see one of these VERY illusive rare highly sought after and respected Chevies you better stop him and shake his hand because he is probably a movie star or somethin'

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'm stopping by Lowe's on the way home today to pick up a few cans of Krylon...maybe some red and black...that seems to be VERY POPULAR with the chebbie crowd... :lol:[/quote]
Red with some black skunk stripes and you have made it :jester:[/quote]

I'll tell you what send that pinky over here to the left coast and I will show you how we rock By the way if you see one of these VERY illusive rare highly sought after and respected Chevies you better stop him and shake his hand because he is probably a movie star or somethin'[/quote]
See what we mean. The rarity is so high you can't even back out of the garage without guard dogs :lol: By the way, the street looks pretty good :acme: :jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
By the way, the street looks pretty good :acme: :jester:

I'm guessing that the ultra-rare Red & Black SS Clone is covering up the Mariana Trench that you dug in front of his house... :lol:

Speaking of your house, Chris, how's the sod doing? Water bill nearly matched your mortgage last month??? :D

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

In short - it isn't... That whole fiasco with the TV really took the wind out of my sails... And right now I'm traveling a lot (so I can't spend every waking hour I am home out in the toy box - we all know where that leads...), plus it is so freaking hot and muggy right now that I just don't want to be out there anyway. I figure by October things will slow down somewhat travel-wise, it will start cooling off, and maybe I can find some long-lost motivation by then. Really makes me ill to walk by it out in the garage to be honest; it's a beautiful car and it's just sitting there waiting for me to get off of my dead-a$$ and finish it... :brickwall:

yeah I know what you mean. the fire really did it to me. I still suffer from the don't really give a crap's from time to time. and the money situtation doesn't help either.

Hey Chris, I cant remember, are you close to Orange? If you see a Silver Chevelle your style, it's probably my brother in law.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Hey 69B5, here is the R/T that my buddy owns. He has a pretty unique collection. Someone else is listing it for him.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-DOD ... 500wt_1182

That guy couldn't have written a worse ad if he tried... :loco:
What's up with the pics of the other cars? :huh:
What a convoluted mess that is... :facepalm:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:
Hey 69B5, here is the R/T that my buddy owns. He has a pretty unique collection. Someone else is listing it for him.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-DOD ... 500wt_1182

That guy couldn't have written a worse ad if he tried... :loco:
What's up with the pics of the other cars? :huh:
What a convoluted mess that is... :facepalm:

I thought the same thing as well, why in the hell do I want to hear about your backseat escapades in a car that has nothing to do with this one! I thought to myself, what was Gary thinking letting this clown advertise his cars for sale! He always puts a pic of some skank standing next to something totally unrelated, probably thinking that people will look just to see the girl.

69B5

Reaction score
I agree exactly
Whats a girl laying on the hood of a 70 500 got to do with a 70 R/T
Kind of makes you wonder if the R/T is a clone
I'd want to check that out myself
It's a real nice looking car from the pictures and if it's authentic it would be a steal at $25K
I just had the Mystery Car appraised and it would be interesting to know the reserve
Thanks for shareing
69B5

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I'm with you guys on this one. I wasn't sure which car was really for sale! And who cares what happened in the back seat! :loco:

moparchris

Reaction score
I know the owner personally. I have seen it many of times and it's no clone. When I talked to Gary, he said he hadn't seen the ad and then called me back and was mortified! I guess he didn't know much about the ad! Whoops! :facepalm:

mannye

Reaction score
Well, now that I read there's a skank, I'm going to go take a look. :banana:

Went to look and that's not "some skank" that's a promo picture from 1970. I have to say I am VERY disappointed at the lack of skank.

Other than that it's a TERRIBLE ad for a FANTASTIC car! What's the title? This guy needs a little marketing 101. A premium car like this should have a premium description. Tell your buddy to send me the details and I'll write it up for him.

It's not a hemi, but it sure should be commanding 80K at least! 70 for being a ragtop and another 10 for being blue!!!

moparstuart

Reaction score
mannye said:
Well, now that I read there's a skank, I'm going to go take a look. :banana:

Went to look and that's not "some skank" that's a promo picture from 1970. I have to say I am VERY disappointed at the lack of skank.

Other than that it's a TERRIBLE ad for a FANTASTIC car! What's the title? This guy needs a little marketing 101. A premium car like this should have a premium description. Tell your buddy to send me the details and I'll write it up for him.

It's not a hemi, but it sure should be commanding 80K at least! 70 for being a ragtop and another 10 for being blue!!!
I agree those are super rare cars and it should be worth at least 70

69B5

Reaction score
I just had the mystery car appraised and that is where it came in at with a note that because it is rare it will increase in value as time goes on.
Oh, if anyone is interested, my wife drove the mystery car and I drove my RR to a Super Cruise that had 600 classic cars and truck's. They don't award 1st, 2nd, etc. rather they award the top seven classics as per viewer partisipation and the mystery car was one of the seven.
69B5

Back