• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery Car Resurrection

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That's an amazing transformation Fran. Having seen the final product, and now seeing where it started from, WOW!! You should be proud!!! :drool: And thanks to John for setting up that slide show. :thumbsup:

BBillyC

Reaction score
Thanks John.....very good stuff. Reminded me of when I started out on my birds transformation journey....rust, rust, rust, everywhere.

69B5

Reaction score
Thanks John
The slide show is great!
After three years of woking on the mystery car, I sometimes forget what it started out looking like.
There were plenty of hurdles along the way but I had a good crew helping me, or maybe I should say, me helping them.
The mystery car is being trailerd up from Carlisle this morning and it's raining cats and dogs.
Should be at the nest around 8am.
I'm taking the day off to clean and detail the car for it's first show on Sunday. Well over 500 cars last year, if the rain stops and it's supposed to.
I want to say Thanks to all, for your kind remarks about the mystery car! (man,is it raining right now) It was fun playing the guessing game. Was it worth the wait or what?
I know it's early but I believe I'm going to go stand by the window and wait for the mystery car to arrive.LOL
69B5

coyotekiller

Reaction score
very nice and pictures do not do that car any justice that car is amazing in person :worship:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
very nice and pictures do not do that car any justice that car is amazing in person :worship:

X2

Nice job, Fran! :thumbsup:

Thanks, John! :cheers:

69B5

Reaction score
Thanks Guy's
Well the mystery car arrived yesterday morning in the rain, the mud and the beer.
Had to have it state inspected and then it was set to come home
We put it in the garage and my daughter and her husband helped me clean it top to bottom
The rain had stoped and the roads had dried so we took a short drive
Wow! was that ever nice. It drove great and was an exceptionally smooth ride
Didn't get far and it started to sprinkle so we wiped her down and spent the rest of the evening puting decals on
Big show sunday, kind of like taking her first step, I'll let you know if she wins anything
And thats how things stand as of now.
Again, thanks for the kind remarks.
69B5

69B5

Reaction score
Hi guys
Well the show is over
There were a lot!!!! of deserving cars but I have to say I was disapointed in the teen age girl who judged the section I was parked in. She spent more tim looking around to see if any boys were looking at her than she did judging. Just kind of wanderd through the cars writing down numbers but never did I see her really look a car over. Others commented as well.
Now I'm not a bitter man at all, and every car there was a beauty, but I don't believe for one second that a 69 Camero, tubed out drag car was best of show! Nothing against drag cars, and it did look nice. but come on, best of show?
Now that I have that off my chest, I'm going to work.
Every one have a great week
69B5

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69B5 said:
I was disapointed in the teen age girl who judged the section I was parked in. She spent more tim looking around to see if any boys were looking at her than she did judging. Just kind of wanderd through the cars writing down numbers but never did I see her really look a car over.

What kind of freakin' car show has a teenage girl as a judge...??? :loco: :brickwall: :loco:

:facepalm:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69B5 said:
I was disapointed in the teen age girl who judged the section I was parked in. She spent more tim looking around to see if any boys were looking at her than she did judging. Just kind of wanderd through the cars writing down numbers but never did I see her really look a car over.

What kind of freakin' car show has a teenage girl as a judge...??? :loco: :brickwall: :loco:

She probably texted her BFF to pick one, That's not judged :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69B5 said:

:loco: :loco: :loco:

moparchris

Reaction score
69B5 said:
Hi guys
Well the show is over
There were a lot!!!! of deserving cars but I have to say I was disapointed in the teen age girl who judged the section I was parked in. She spent more tim looking around to see if any boys were looking at her than she did judging. Just kind of wanderd through the cars writing down numbers but never did I see her really look a car over. Others commented as well.
Now I'm not a bitter man at all, and every car there was a beauty, but I don't believe for one second that a 69 Camero, tubed out drag car was best of show! Nothing against drag cars, and it did look nice. but come on, best of show?
Now that I have that off my chest, I'm going to work.
Every one have a great week
69B5

Did that Camaro happen to be PINK?

Back