• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help convincing myself to like my Yellow RR

Sammy Buchanan

Fall Back to my Youth
Reaction score
Screenshot_20190321-131802_Samsung Internet.jpg
Color is a very subjective thing.
I think most new cars are limited in color options.
I've noticed an increase in "earth tones" on the road.
I've often wondered if people could walk into a car dealership, pick the car they wanted and get that car in any color what would most people chose?
Snap their fingers as it were.
What would we see more of if people actually had unlimited choices in new cars.
Would it be black, white, grey, or pink?
I also think color selection would vary depending on what the vehicle type was.

So, you like resale red on all your cars?
Or only on a Road Runner?
Do you only want it for sentimental reasons or do you really like it?
Or both?
I fancy myself a sentimental person.
You don't see any yellow Road Runners?
That could be a good thing then.
Gives yours something different, no?
I like Y3 and have an A body that color.
But I don't think I would want it on my pickup truck.
My girl friend has red lips and red nails and a red Corvette and a red Camero.

View attachment 29450
It seams u and I have a lot of similarities. When I started looking for this car a 68 was the only year I wanted.Once I make my mind up it's hard for me to deviate from what I truly want. My dad bought me a New 68 red rr 4 spd,black in side with 383 mag when I was a junior in high school, he even brought it to school at the end of the day to give it to me.The kids that saw it couldn't believe that my dad would go to that much trouble,for me.So guess its has a lot of sentimental value for me as well,trying to bring back a little of those , feeling of my youth. Its true I do like the red though it draws the eye.When I was about to turn 39,I wanted a Corvette .After learning as much as I could about them I decided on a 67 was the year I wanted and red was the color. after 25 years of red Corvette I was sick of that color, seamed like every where u went that's all u saw.When I started looking for Me a rr after a couple of years I decided what I wanted wasn't going to be found. So when I come up on this car I bought, I really liked it all except the color and I thought it would eventually grow on me,got to talk to a couple of previous owners and finally pulled the trigger. I think I might as well leave the past in the past and just like the car for what it is,and u r right, u don't see many that color....Sorry for the long post,But thank you for ur insight!!! I think it has helped me to realize that there's a lot out there that would love have my car regardless o

Sammy Buchanan

Fall Back to my Youth
Reaction score
So Sammy I don't see a thing wrong with that car and yes sure a lot of guy's would give up a lot to have one regardless of the color. Drive it like you stole it and put your favorite music on and have fun Buddy!!!!! :kartman:Now I think it is time for a beer!!! BEER ASSISTANT @%$#&^%%????
Russ.....After all the comments, I think u all r right,I do have a rolling stones and Beatles 8 track tapes in it...Thanks To All that commented

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just to add if you find that Red number matching runner your looking for then buy it and sell the yellow one. But above all have fun with it Buddy. :thumbsup2:

Sammy Buchanan

Fall Back to my Youth
Reaction score
Just to add if you find that Red number matching runner your looking for then buy it and sell the yellow one. But above all have fun with it Buddy. :thumbsup2:
Thanks Russ,but at my age I think there is not enough time in front of me for that to happen. .That too is what my restorer told me to do..That's what I may have to do..Thanks Again

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The one thing above all that car has a 426 in it and that is a lot with in it's self. Like I said go out and have fun with it. When you get to car show's and other car event's think you will see that car will draws a crowd. :kartman: NOW LET ME OPEN THIS OTHER BEER!!!!!! Turn up that FREE BIRD SONG!!!!!!

Sammy Buchanan

Fall Back to my Youth
Reaction score
The one thing above all that car has a 426 in it and that is a lot with in it's self. Like I said go out and have fun with it. When you get to car show's and other car event's think you will see that car will draws a crowd. :kartman: NOW LET ME OPEN THIS OTHER BEER!!!!!! Turn up that FREE BIRD SONG!!!!!!
lol☺

roadrunnerbob

Reaction score
i like yellow road runners had 2 yellow ones a 68 and a 69 the one i have now makes number 12 that
i have owned

Cranky

Reaction score
My first car was a 66 Belvedere that was yellow with a black vinyl top in interior and thought it looked pretty decent even for a mo-door. A few years later I got a 67 Dart that was red. It was faded pretty bad for being only 6 years old. Buffed it out but it didn't last for very long as it quickly faded again. Fast forward to 2001 and a 97 diesel powered Dodge pickup came into my life. It's red and was faded AND peeling. Kinda surprised me how bad it was for being 5 years old but it sure runs good still. Got it for a real decent price since the paint was looking pretty bad. The paint on my 66 still looked nice when I got rid of it when Uncle Sam called me in 71. Nope, don't like red.....but, found a 96 Dakota that's in really nice shape and has been repainted. Don't know how long ago but it's faded a bit.....and it's red too. :( The diesel is Red 1 and the Dakota is Red 2. I would leave the runner yellow if it were mine.

Back