• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New clueless guy with a Roadrunner

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mine works.... :stuckup: must be a color thing....... :acme:

medic11

Reaction score
4spd69RR said:
First of all welcome to the sight, the runner looks really good. What are some of the statistics about the car. The only thing I see you may change would be the front tires if you are going to be driving it. I like a little more rubber on the street may be a 70 series. Just saying everyone has there own position on tires and wheels. Again welcome and enjoy the Road Runner it is definitely a desirable car, HOOAH!!

I'm definitely going to sell off those front tires and go with some fat 15 or 16in tires all the way around. I prefer to keep an original look on the body and the wheels/tires. Black wheels with chrome lug nuts? Thoughts or recommendations? Also, what brands do you recommend for wheels/tires?

medic11

Reaction score
John69RR said:
Welcome from Texas. :cheers: :cheers: As Bob said the fender tag will give you some info about the car. I see the car has 1969 Texas plates.

Original plates. I'm keeping those.

4spd69RR

Reaction score
medic11 said:
4spd69RR said:
First of all welcome to the sight, the runner looks really good. What are some of the statistics about the car. The only thing I see you may change would be the front tires if you are going to be driving it. I like a little more rubber on the street may be a 70 series. Just saying everyone has there own position on tires and wheels. Again welcome and enjoy the Road Runner it is definitely a desirable car, HOOAH!!

I'm definitely going to sell off those front tires and go with some fat 15 or 16in tires all the way around. I prefer to keep an original look on the body and the wheels/tires. Black wheels with chrome lug nuts? Thoughts or recommendations? Also, what brands do you recommend for wheels/tires?

BF Goodrich tires, are great, unless you are looking at going original then you may look at Good Year poly glass. I haven't had much luck out of Good Year tires here as of late. They seem to be pretty square and the tires need a lot of counter weights to balance. I prefer Michelin tires but they are prices.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
4spd69RR said:
BF Goodrich tires, are great,
Assuming you're referring to Radial T/As - They do ride nicely...traction is average at best... The F.A.S.T. guys are running 10's on G70-15 Polyglas RS so the Goodyear repops are certainly up to the task. :yesnod:
4spd69RR said:
They seem to be pretty square
A function of bias belted vs. radial design. Most of us old schoolers on here prefer that look...right, Steve? :D
4spd69RR said:
I prefer Michelin tires
Michelin owns BFG. I have to work with the french on a daily basis, so as a general rule I don't buy Michelins and I don't drink Grey Goose; I'm pretty much all about F*** the french...and I'm fine with it... :basketcase:

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
A function of bias belted vs. radial design. Most of us old schoolers on here prefer that look...right, Steve? :D

:yesnod: :thumbsup: :yesnod:

4spd69RR

Reaction score
I had GoodYear Poly glass on my first runner and they were great. But the newer tires weren't so good. Again I make the comment that Rims and Tires are up to the owner for that right look they want.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
4spd69RR said:
Again I make the comment that Rims and Tires are up to the owner for that right look they want.

Couldn't agree more...but slap a set of donk wheels on a RR and then post a pic up here...well, just don't expect to get too many compliments... They have OTHER websites devoted to that crap. It is what it is... :yesnod: :lol: :yesnod:

:jester:

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I love the look of the factory original standard. I don't like some of these newer styles that have come out. These kids now a days like to place 18", 20", and 22" on their rides. Have to agree with you on thatis there are other side to post that crap on. Currently I have new Uniroyal Tiger Paw GT radial tires on my runner,...These tires were on the car when I bought it last December. They will be replaced when I get it back on the road. I have never liked Uniroyal tires.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
one thing we pretty much agree on here is "do your car to make YOU happy" but we will say when we don't like something, like painting your car B5 or one of those olther off colors.... :acme: :jester: :lmao:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
one thing we pretty much agree on here is "do your car to make YOU happy" but we will say when we don't like something, like painting your car B5 or one of those olther off colors.... :acme: :jester: :lmao:

:toetap:

Hey Dave - BTW, I finally found the tracking # for your hood. Go to their website and try: iwouldmove2antarcticab4ipaintedmyrrf8
Should be able to find it right away... :basketcase:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back