• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New clueless guy with a Roadrunner

medic11

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I'm an overseas contractor who just bought a 69 Roadrunner. This is my first classic muscle car, I had a 92 Mustang about 15 yrs ago but couldn't handle the speed. Now I've graduated to Mopar.
This vehicle belonged to my wife's uncle who recently died. We bought it from her aunt with the understanding that we would never sell it, keeping it in the family. I am very unfamiliar with the car and don't know too much about his upgrades or what he did to it. I'll post some pics and would like some advice and suggestions. I plan on driving it occasionaly on the highways, never on the track.
I'm an Army medic, I know weapons and tactical medicine, not muscle cars. So I'm going to need a lot of help and advice. Let me know what you see and what you'd recommend. Hooah.

DSCN0718.JPG

DSCN0720.JPG

DSCN0728.JPG

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
medic11 said:
don't know too much about his upgrades or what he did to it.

Well, at a glance we can tell you that he installed GTX/Sport Satellite tail lights on it.

Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome from CT! Did you also post these pictures on FBBO? If you did why not post them here then we can give you some more advise. It's a good lookin' car that you can have some fun with. It all depends what you really want to do with it, modify it or keep it stock. You'll get good sound advise here on either idea, then it's all up to you!

4spd69RR

Reaction score
First of all welcome to the sight, the runner looks really good. What are some of the statistics about the car. The only thing I see you may change would be the front tires if you are going to be driving it. I like a little more rubber on the street may be a 70 series. Just saying everyone has there own position on tires and wheels. Again welcome and enjoy the Road Runner it is definitely a desirable car, HOOAH!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Nice car! Welcome aboard and thank you for your service :flag: If you would like a good start on under standing the car it can be decoded. Post a picture of the fender tag if it still has one, its located on the drivers side inner fender and looks like the one below. Next post the first 7 digits of the VIN.

road runner 896 (Small).jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome from Ohio. and Thank You for your service.
sweer car.

John69RR

Reaction score
Welcome from Texas. :cheers: :cheers: As Bob said the fender tag will give you some info about the car. I see the car has 1969 Texas plates.

medic11

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Welcome from CT! Did you also post these pictures on FBBO? If you did why not post them here then we can give you some more advise. It's a good lookin' car that you can have some fun with. It all depends what you really want to do with it, modify it or keep it stock. You'll get good sound advise here on either idea, then it's all up to you!

Yes I posted some pics on FBBO as well. I'm hitting all the forums I can find.
This is going to be an occasional driver. I'm getting rid of the small drag wheels up front, I'll never take it to the track.
I'm probably going to modify it, keeping it stock will be difficult. I'm thinking of keeping most of the exterior stock or keeping that original look. Wheels, grille, bezels, lights, panels. What kind of wheels/tires look good on a Roadrunner, maintaining that original look?
I'm thinking of redoing the interior including dash and seats into a more modern look. Bucket seats. My ass keeps sliding up and down that bench seat on corners. The fuel gauge doesn't work and I think the odometer is off as well. Instead of installing separate gauges I think I'd rather have everything infront of me behind the steering wheel.
I'll post some pics of the engine next.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Great car and, again, we can't thank you enough for your service to our country. THe car looks mighty fine. the guys here will definitely help you with any and everything you want/need to know. Welcome to the site!

moparchris

Reaction score
Welcome. Very nice car congrats on your purchase. It looks like something I would own. I love the "bigs and littles" look.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Knowing weapons and tactical medicine may come in handy someday when you are working on it. Real nice looking R.R. Hello from Mn. :cheers:

Back