• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Dash Installed

droptop

Reaction score
Very nice. If you don't mind me asking, what all did you have them do to the dash? and what was the cost?

mcmopar

Reaction score
Bob - I think we just found a companion to your car. Both road runners would give each other a run for their money on any concours field IMO.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Bob - I think we just found a companion to your car. Both road runners would give each other a run for their money on any concours field IMO.
I'm having flashbacks watching these posts the detail is great, keep it up :thumbsup:

solid gold

Reaction score
Thanks ,Guys , for your comments! I'll tell you, when I got the 1st estimate on the dash it was a shocker, let alone the final one. It's like an ala carte menu (the estimate). When you choose a few items, they'll look great, but then the rest will look like sh**. So I just ordered everything on the menu. Gotta' love those 0% c.c. for 12 months. I'm trying to figure out how to post that menu. :loco: I must be crazy! " You do look @ the dash every-time you drive!" (at least, that's what he told me !) :drive:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
solid gold said:
Thanks ,Guys , for your comments! I'll tell you, when I got the 1st estimate on the dash it was a shocker, let alone the final one. It's like an ala carte menu (the estimate). When you choose a few items, they'll look great, but then the rest will look like sh**. So I just ordered everything on the menu. Gotta' love those 0% c.c. for 12 months. I'm trying to figure out how to post that menu. :loco: I must be crazy! " You do look @ the dash every-time you drive!" (at least, that's what he told me !) :drive:
so true :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Yup - back when I owned my car the first time (long story short: bought it in 83, sold it in 88, got it back in 2000) I was having it painted and wanted to put the stripes on the hood but wasn't sure I could afford it. A good friend told me "if that is what you want you'll kick yourself later for not doing it now." I thought about that and had the stripes put on. I was so happy I listened to him!

solid gold

Reaction score
Some of you wanted to know what was all done to the dash, so here's what was done to it.
Disassembly/assembly--sandblast, prime & paint dash frame--re-dye upper pad--replace glove box pad--re-dye lower dash pad & glove door--restore switch panel--clean,test & detail switches (5), rebuild dimmer--restore & re-plate ashtray assembly 100%--supply new glove box liner-- repair & restore 4spd indicator--replace lighter element (NOS)--supply Road Runner decal--restore heater control assembly 100%-- restore map light assembly 100%-- re-dye radio bezel-- convert radio to AM/FM stereo (180 watt), (mp3, ipod, cd, xm/sirius radio ready)--replace front speaker--instrument bezel: strip chrome, detail paint-- replace damaged vent cable--replace defroster vents & supply hose kit-- supply new wiring harness-- ignition switch (NOS)-- ignition lock cylinder (NOS)-- ignition switch bezel nut (NOS)
Cluster: restore case-- paint pointers-- re-face alternator, fuel & temp-- reface speedo-- rebuild & calibrate speedo-- re-screen odometer wheels-- solid state voltage limiter-- supply good original tach core-- rebuild & upgrade tach to electronic-- re-face tach dial-- paint & supplies. That about covers it ALL! :crazy:

Back