• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Guy from Ohio

qiutong

Reaction score
I live in the Cincinnati area and have owned my 69 Road Runner convertible since 1983. I got lucky and bought it while I was still in the service in Albuquerque, NM. It was, at the time, just a run-out old convertible and I bought it for $1,200.00. I did some quick bodywork/paint and a new top, then proceeded to drive it as my regular driver. I've driven it in Mexico and Canada and coast to coast in the USA. I drove it on the beaches of Daytona while in college, dated my wife in it (she says she married me because of my car), and carried my kids in child seats in the back. In the '90's I pulled it off the road and restored it and now only put about 1000 miles a year on it during the nicer months. Time flies and now my older son, who used to be in one of the child seats, drives it occasionally. I had to teach him how to drive a stick first. I've had some pretty good offers to sell it over the years, but although I know there is a price somewhere, I haven't had an offer large enough to overcome the sentimental value of my car (and probably never will). I stumbled onto this forum trying to find info on the value of some parts that I've had sitting around my garage. Now that I know it's here, I look forward to sharing any knowledge I've accumulated while owning a Road Runner for 30 years and getting to know others that love Road Runners.

Brad Maxwell

PS. I tried to attach a photo of my car, but can't seem to get it to work.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Michigan :thumbsup:

Better see if you can post up some pictures before the picture hounds start on ya. :lol: :lol:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
my buddy had a sport satellite.....68,,,roadrunner hood....440 auto.....and got 38,500 for his

very nice rag top :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Great lookin' car you have there Brad! It's easy to see why you wouldn't want to sell it!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome from the east coast of Ohio Brad. awsome runner! :drool:
come back often!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. Black, white gut, sport stripes, and a stirring rod sticking out of the console... LOVE IT. :cheers:

:jester:

Back