• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new guy from the hudson valley

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
moparchris said:
Welcome, I love 68s. Great car you have there. So you know George, we wont hold it against you. :acme:

By the way George said Tranny. :basketcase:
MARTY....TELL US ALL ABOUT YOUR SWEET 68 :yesnod:

It's originally a 383 car but since the motor was pretty tired when I purchased it I decided to go the 440 six barrel route. Since I was working in a machine shop at the time, most of the parts were easily accessible. The engine is internally balanced with Keith Black flat tops that sit .010" deep in the hole. I'm using Mopar's old .528" solid cam. The heads are a set of 346 units that I've done some mild porting and blending along with matching the gaskets. The heads have been opened up for larger stainless valves along with bronze guide liners. I'm using an MSD ignition. The exhaust consists of CPPA headers with 2" primaries into 3.5" collectors, bolted to a TTI 3" X-pipe system. For cooling I had Mancini Racing make me a direct replacment aluminum radiator. Well worth the investment, the car runs at 175 degrees in 90 degree weather. I'm also using Mopar's high volume aluminum water pump and housing.
It's a four speed car. Passon freshened up the tranny for me. I'm using a Centerforce dual friction clutch.
The rear suspension is a super stock set up on a 8.75" diff.. Adustable snubber and shocks included. I'm running a set of 4.30 gears. The front suspension is all poly graphite bushed with larger diameter torsion bars from PST. I had Firm Feel set me up with one of their Stage II steering gears which is night and day over the stock unit. It's very responsive.
I've owned the car since '94 although it sat for most the time I've owned it. I just got it back on the road last October. It's been a blast so far, however, stopping power will need attention next. The four drums are leave a little to be desired. Maybe an overdrive trans after that.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Sounds like a serious beast! An overdrive trans would be great in front of those 4.30's.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
yes i would recommend the overdrive since i have one in my car.....you will be very happy with the both worlds....drag/cruisin

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Sounds like a serious beast! An overdrive trans would be great in front of those 4.30's.

Yep, she's goes pretty good. You're all right about the OD though, 3grand at 60mph is kind of a pain. But I knew what to expect when I installed the gears. I'll upgrade eventually.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome Marty! beautiful post car. love the slots. ah......before anyone else pesters yo...got any more pics? :D

george68hemirr

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
george68hemirr said:
marty.....is that a delete plate for the wiper motor.....rainex :lmao:

It's a very rare option, one of one. :lol:
YOU GOING OVER TO 84 DINNER TOMORROW NITE?....i have a wake to go to....brother ironworker passed.....see ya next time

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
sixgunrunner68 said:
george68hemirr said:
marty.....is that a delete plate for the wiper motor.....rainex :lmao:

YOU GOING OVER TO 84 DINNER TOMORROW NITE?....i have a wake to go to....brother ironworker passed.....see ya next time

Not sure, see how the weather goes. I'm hoping to hit the Hopewell Auto cruise on Friday, it looks like the better day. Have you ever been to the McDonald's cruise in Highland? Just wondering how it is.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
It's a very rare option, one of one. :lol:[/quote]
YOU GOING OVER TO 84 DINNER TOMORROW NITE?....i have a wake to go to....brother ironworker passed.....see ya next time[/quote]

Not sure, see how the weather goes. I'm hoping to hit the Hopewell Auto cruise on Friday, it looks like the better day. Have you ever been to the McDonald's cruise in Highland? Just wondering how it is.[/quote]
Mcdonalds om saturday nite has around 40/50 cars and is growing.....pretty good....this saturday nite and then every other....friday nites at frozen rainbow in port ewen is really good on friday nites....usually 80/100 cars....i wont be around this weekend....i have a tux fitting down the city....my son is getting married in october.....have a blast

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
YOU GOING OVER TO 84 DINNER TOMORROW NITE?....i have a wake to go to....brother ironworker passed.....see ya next time[/quote]

Not sure, see how the weather goes. I'm hoping to hit the Hopewell Auto cruise on Friday, it looks like the better day. Have you ever been to the McDonald's cruise in Highland? Just wondering how it is.[/quote]
Mcdonalds om saturday nite has around 40/50 cars and is growing.....pretty good....this saturday nite and then every other....friday nites at frozen rainbow in port ewen is really good on friday nites....usually 80/100 cars....i wont be around this weekend....i have a tux fitting down the city....my son is getting married in october.....have a blast[/quote]

:cheers:
catch ya later.

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
welcome ,nice car ! if this keeps up it wont be green VS blue you will have to add gold into the mix! :lmao: :lmao:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
MARTY.....MY BUDDY BRIAN WITH A BLACK 69 CHARGER JUST TOLD ME ABOUT THIS.....

Friday Nights
Broadside Car Club Car Show. Every Friday 6:00pm - 9:00 pm. 130 Salt Point Turnpike/Old Fargo Building Parking Lot, Poughkeepsie, NY. Open to all. Good Music, Food, 50/50, Fun and More! Contact Information = Tonie @ 845-430-1313

Back