• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New here... from Mississippi

CornDog

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to this site but I already recognize a few names from other sites that I frequent. Currently, I do not own a Road Runner... but that can easily change with the wind. I currently have all Dodges...
69 Super Bee post car 383 4spd B3 blue (major project)
69 Charger that I plan to clone into a 500
69 Charger WB General Lee.... Another major project
66 Charger
73 Dart Sport.... probably gonna save this one for my daughter when she gets older.... (she's 3 now)
and some parts cars.

I used to have a '73 Road Runner 340 auto and a '69 Sport Satellite... along with a few others.

I live in Jackson, Mississippi and do auto collision repair. Since '08 I have been doing nothing but restoration at the shop where I work. Just finished up 2 Superbirds... Vitamin C Orange w/ white interior, 440-6, 4spd, Dana and the other was Sublime w/ black interior, 440-4, auto on the floor, 8 3/4

Justin
"CornDog"

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Justin!

We have had a number of "corndog" discussions on this forum, as a couple of us are big-time corndog hounds - so when I saw this morning that we had a new member named "CornDog" the thought occurred to me that we might have a prank afoot... :lol:

Post some pics...lots of pic hounds on here...

FWIW I have MS connections as my Mom lives in Sturgis - couple of hours northeast of you.

Enjoy the site!,
:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hi Justin welcome aboard. As soon as I saw CornDog I started thinking mustard :drool: :lol:

CornDog

Reaction score
haha... thanks for the welcome guys. Here are a few pictures of my cars.

Justin
"CornDog"

My 66 Charger
DSCN3098.jpg

Picture577-1.jpg

My 73 Dart Sport with a 70 front end. Planned to build it into a Deomn
73dart033.jpg

Here's my 69 Charger that I plan to build into a 500 clone
Picture173b.jpg

Here is what's left of my WB General Lee. The second picture is my car from when it was jumped.
GL004012.jpg
PDVD_129.jpg

Here is my '69 Bee... its a sad sight.
tross001.jpg

DSCN3098.jpg

Picture577-1.jpg

73dart033.jpg

Picture173b.jpg

GL004012.jpg

PDVD_129.jpg

tross001.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome Justin. great stable of cars! that Bee looks like a good project. Love the early Chargers. Was your General lee used in one of the TV Movies? And I like your Demon clone idea. don't be a stranger!

droptop

Reaction score
Welcome from Southern Indiana. Yet another case of no one can have just one Mopar. Love the first generation Charger with the first generation driver. :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the bird's nest Justin. :cheers: That is a great group of cars you have. Come back and post often. We have a great group of guys here that know their stuff, and we have a lot of fun on top of it. :beep:

moparchris

Reaction score
Welcome Justin! I have seen your work over on another site and I have to say your extremely talented. The 440+6 car you restored came about a mile from me in Costa Mesa. I actually looked at that car when it was for sale on ebay. Your collection looks good and with your talent you should have them whipped up in no time.

CornDog

Reaction score
Hey guys! Thanks for all the great comments and welcoming! I really appreciate it. I hope to get some work done on my project but you know how it goes.... time and $$. I plan for my Charger 500 clone to be a nice car that I don't mind driving wherever I need to. As for the Super Bee, even though it is a pretty bare-bones Bee, I want to build it back to original condition but as detailed as the Superbirds that I built. With the Bee have so much similarity as the Road Runners, I will be here asking many questions.

Justin
"CornDog"

69B5

Reaction score
Welcome Justin
Good to have you on board
Nice stable of Dodge's

CornDog

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
welcome Justin. great stable of cars! that Bee looks like a good project. Love the early Chargers. Was your General lee used in one of the TV Movies? And I like your Demon clone idea. don't be a stranger!

Sorry but I forgot to answer your question. My General Lee was purchased by WB sometime in the mid 90's an was used for both TV Reunion Movies (1997 & 2000). The jump picture that I posted was a screen cap of my car being jumped in 1999 for the 2000 reunion movie "Hazzard in Hollywood". After the car hit the ground, like all General Lees, it was junk. The car sat at the WB transportation lot until 2004. In 2004 WB supplied three remaining General Lees to the transportation crew to be prepared for the 2005 movie. The crew took two of the cars and got them ready as drivers, one as a close up car and one for stunt driving. Since my car was mangled up from the jump the crew decided to cut the car, as seen in my other photo, and they installed a nice interior. This car was mounted on a stunt driven rig and used for interior shots. Even though it will be major project, I will build the car back to the way it appeared prior to it being jumped in '99. There were three surviving cars from the reunion movies (the 3 cars WB supplied to the movie crew in '04) and mine will be the only one that will appear the same way it was for the Reunion movies. I plan for it to look pretty much just like any other General Lee would if you were to walk on the set. The engine bay, trunk area, and door jambs will all be the original color of the car... Sunfire Yellow. The car will be a 383 auto car.

Justin
"CornDog"

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That B3 Bee ought to be a seriously sharp looking car upon completion; you just don't see any in that color. :thumbsup:

Justin, do you own your own shop (one man operation or do you have an entire crew?) or work for someone else? Just curious.

You planning on changing the side marker lights and tail panel on the Dart/Demon project or are you going to create a '73 Demon? :D

Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
That B3 Bee ought to be a seriously sharp looking car upon completion; you just don't see any in that color. :thumbsup:

Justin, do you own your own shop (one man operation or do you have an entire crew?) or work for someone else? Just curious.

You planning on changing the side marker lights and tail panel on the Dart/Demon project or are you going to create a '73 Demon? :D

Ray
Someones after an estimate :lol: :lol: :lol:

CornDog

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

Ray

Ray, I don't own a shop or work for myself. I work for a body shop that has four shops in the metro Jackson, Mississippi area. Currently, I am the only body tech doing the restorations within the company. If someone brings an old car to the shop I usually end up with it. I do most all of the research too. As for the Dart/Demon, my original plan was to build it into a '72 Demon so I wouldn't have to worry about the side marker lights. At the time, all I could find was a '70-71 grille and fender extensions. If I come across the '72 stuff then I will swap it out. I do plan on swapping over to the '70-72 Demon tail panel though. I have a set of driver quality tail lights that I will use.

Justin
"CornDog"

Back