• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New hood holes for latch and second catch.

TOMRR

Reaction score
Russ.Would a 68 hood latch support work ?? I had to change mine for a better condition one and they bolt in

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks guy's think the problem is solved. I called AMD and was advised it is the early hood I need. The number of the item was 300-1468 the one I need is a 300-1468-A. The supply company I ordered from is working on getting me the correct hood shipped and setting up the return shipping for me. I can only imagen the body shop's and the problem's they have. I have watched these rebuild shop's on TV. and it is not a perfect world in the auto restore world. Wrong part's are common. Well like I said thanks for all the help you guy's have given me on this build. Just wish it was finished. Your buddy Russ. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
You guy's know I did have hair when starting this project but now it is all most gone from pulling it out over this car. I really hope this is the last big problem I have with the body work. It has been a long venture. Cant wait to get into putting it back together. Then the jigsaw puzzle will start. Thanks again for the info and will remember this if someone else run's into this kind of problem. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2: :drinks:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So got the rite hood today. Measurement's are still off a little. But not what the other hood was. I will check more closely the measurement's tomorrow. Think I can make this one work. So in the future any one replacing their hood make sure it is for an early production or late model runner. Don't know why Plymouth did this maybe just getting rid of over stock from 89 to clean it out. Well that is my story. now maybe I can have a hole car again. Russ. :steering:

Last edited:
Back