• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Iowa Guy

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
greeeeeeeennnnn.... :drool: :drool:
on here we pretty much agree that it's your car, your money, do what makes you happy. that being said....I vote for the 440. A new Hemi in a musclecar mopar is about as thrilling to me as one with the 24" Donk wheels.

moparstuart

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
greeeeeeeennnnn.... :drool: :drool:
on here we pretty much agree that it's your car, your money, do what makes you happy. that being said....I vote for the 440. A new Hemi in a musclecar mopar is about as thrilling to me as one with the 24" Donk wheels.
yeah but thats the good shade of green 999 ralley green :drool: :drool: :drool: :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme:

droptop

Reaction score
I say stick with the 440. That new style hemi makes good horse power, but not until you are in the upper rpm's. the amount of torque the 440 produces makes it a lot of fun to drive.

jlbanks

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I've been leaning towards the 440. Now I can sell the 6.1 and get some more funds for the rebuild. Anybody have a clue what a good asking price for the Hemi would be? 15k miles with the nag 1 tranny.

mopartink

Reaction score
:cheers: Welcome from Buffalo NY I've also had mine about 15 yrs now and in the process of redoing it a second time really hoping to have it ready for summer..

joewhite440

Reaction score
Welcome aboard from Pa. and enjoy the ride! 440 is the way to go unless you have an Old Style Hemi! The new ones do nothing for me in the old cars. I am Old School and usually just walk away when I see one but to each their own!!!
:drive: :drive: :drive:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
jlbanks said:
Thanks for the advice guys. I've been leaning towards the 440. Now I can sell the 6.1 and get some more funds for the rebuild. Anybody have a clue what a good asking price for the Hemi would be? 15k miles with the nag 1 tranny.
stuie would have a idea what its worth

jlbanks

Reaction score
Hey guys just a quick update on the roadrunner. I traded the 6.1 for a 68 built 383. Im pretty excited the car will be up and running in a month. Can I use the flywheel from a 440 or do I need to buy one specifically for a 383?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jlbanks said:
Can I use the flywheel from a 440 or do I need to buy one specifically for a 383?

Flywheels are the same for a 383 or 440 (with a steel crank). What you have to match up is the flywheel to the bellhousing. 11" clutch & bellhousing take the 143 tooth flywheel and the 10.5" clutch & bellhousing take the 130 tooth flywheel. :thumbsup:

cj69RR

Reaction score
If you want to do a little update for drivability try one of the new fuel injection systems that look like a carb. Their are a couple different company's that have them. MSD's looks the most like a Holley carb in my opinion and the simplest hookup and least wires. Good news on the trade to get the runner back on the street.

Back