• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New member from Michigan

b5blu

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Tom from the midMichigan area. Hopped over from a link on moparts.com. Nice to find some place that's 69 Roadrunner-specific. I have a B-5 Blue sedan, 383 airgrabber automatic, 411 gears, and I don't think the engine's ever been out of the car. Runs a traction limited 14 flat, but haven't been to the track in a couple of years ... and yes, I am in my second childhood as my first 69 Roadrunner was one I bought new in 1969 ... and that wasn't even my first Mopar! That was a 1964 330 post car with a 383 and a 4-speed, but I digress.

Spent yesterday at 131 dragway watching the F.A.S.T. cars and the pure stocks. Great day for the 69 birds as Dave Dudek's black beast came out on top of the heap again. The big orange vette redlighted, but Dudek's bird had him covered anyway.

[attachment=0:thaqdtqz]P7090002.JPG[/attachment:thaqdtqz] (this attachment is supposed to be photo of my car in case it doesn't come thru).

Look forward to chatting with people interested in 69 roadrunners as my wife's a golfer and could give a sh** less about cars (but she's typing this for me as my computer skills are pathetic).

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

Nice car!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the birds nest Tom. That is a nice lookin' car. There is a great bunch of guys here, and we like to have fun. Come back and visit often! :cheers:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Tom, welcome aboard!!!

Nice looking B5 post car!

If by "computer skills" you mean "typing ability", you're in good company - don't let that stop you from jumping right in...I've never once seen anyone on this board even blink an eye at "spellun oar grammer"... :lol:

Glad to hear that Dudek did well again. Kinda partial to Ed Cook's A12 myself...but who cares as long as it was a RR that took the title... :thumbsup:

:jester:
Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome Tom, great bunch here and its about time we got another Blue brother. And great lookin bird, mine is a hardtop but the same paint scheme :thumbsup:

glhcarl

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Tom. Nice RR, I really like the slight rake. What kind of springs do you have in the rear?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Welcome Tom :cheers: Beautiful car(won't hold the color against you since it's a post car) Are you anywhere near Sterling Hts? That's where mine came from, and I've been trying to find out about it's past. Don't be a stranger, and lets see more pics :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Tom, here's a good shot for you. Last year's final at the Grove...the way it should be with an all RR final...

:jester:
Ray

jays69bird

Reaction score
Welcome to the board from the land of the Detroit Tigers (sorry there my favorite team had to add that) I love the color of your bird,you'll enjoy this board its a hoot :D

b5blu

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Welcome Tom :cheers: Beautiful car(won't hold the color against you since it's a post car) Are you anywhere near Sterling Hts? That's where mine came from, and I've been trying to find out about it's past. Don't be a stranger, and lets see more pics :thumbsup:

Mornin' basketcase,

Not located anywhere near Sterling Heights. I'm west of Lansing about 100 miles away from S.H. I thought all post cars were supposed to be B-5 blue...yours must have been repainted LOL :banana:

b5blu

Reaction score
glhcarl said:
Welcome aboard Tom. Nice RR, I really like the slight rake. What kind of springs do you have in the rear?

glhcarl: Thanks for the kind words. As far as I know, the springs on the rear of my bird are the ones that it came from the factory with. Slight rake caused by running 225 70s on the front and 275 60s on the rear. Taking the photo on a slight downhill grade was probably also a contributing factor. Have a good day!

b5blu

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Welcome Tom, great bunch here and its about time we got another Blue brother. And great lookin bird, mine is a hardtop but the same paint scheme :thumbsup:

69hemibeep: Thanks for the welcome. All blue birds gotta stick together. Wish mine was a hemi and who knows, if I sell my 64 Polara max wedge wannabe, maybe it will become one. By the way, how the heck did you get that temperature/time thingy in your post? It's very cool.

Tom

Back