• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new members

quikbird

Reaction score
Inri has a point. we are a bunch of in general old white guys. apologies to ms beep. these were the cars of our younger days. millenials don't relate to a car that is 2-3 times older than they are. in many ways I feel sorry for the youth of today because the car world is so much blander and less colorful than our times were. they aren't used to MID-sized car that is bigger than any car they have seen, let alone a c-body. There just aren't enough differences in shape etc for many of todays cars to stand out. used to be able to tell what brand of car it was just by looking. now, who knows. That being said, how can we bring the younger folks into the mopar fold and expand and enrich our hobby?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I agree. Unfortunately my observation has been there are a lot of old, white, angry men on here. The millennials are wanting something fresh & different. :jester:
Hey! I resemble that remark!

Just sell your cars to the younger guys and retire somewhere. We'll carry the site forward to places it's never been.

Happy 2016!

I have retired, but I sold my Roadrunner to an older guy. Seriously...

Here's the thing... When I was coming up, the older guys were looking at us and wondering why we weren't interested in restoring Model A Fords like they were. It's generational. Accept it and work with it.

Call us old angry white guys if you want. Hell... You've paid your dues and stopped bitching about the cigar smoke a while ago so you can do that now. (insert "one of us" video clip from Freaks here) It was and still can be a great forum. It won't be the same in some ways and there's good and bad in that. Here again, accept and work with it.

If you can take the forum to other places, I'd say go for it. I have no skin in the game anymore. Just remember the "angry old white guys" are the ones that drove these cars when they were new and have done everything with them since. When you (or your mechanic) can't figure out how to assemble the rear drum brakes, you are gonna need us.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
we have been getting a lot of new members lately. Instead of replying to all of these, I'd thought I'd make one post.
First...to the true mopar lovers, whether it be road runners, Chargers, Super Bees,etc, or you are on the hunt for one, you've found a great place. Lots of knowledge to be found here. great bunch here, though many have left.
Second, to all the one and done posters....quit wasting our time.

Keep in mind that there will be always be an "introduction" post for every new member. The idea is to get a n00b through that first post that seems to scare people. I think it works, although I used to see how many people signed up and you never saw them again. It keeps the spammers down and forces a new guy to commit.

You will see guys that never post again. I've joined forums, looked around and decided I didn't want to be involved for many reasons.... So I'm guilty of that too.

Joey just made that change to FCBO too. I don't think they understand that over there yet.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
The people who understand your obsession with a 45 year old car are here!! Who else do you think understands you? :soap::drama:

Couldn't have said it any better...[/QUOTE]

hey a MsBeep sighting.....

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I gotta stay now since I've already made an enemy:lmao:

Oh, it's probably much worse than you think. Now you've become one of his sparring partners and you'll be expected to participate on a regular basis... :basketcase:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Beekeeper just tell him how ugly blue cars with doggies are, and you'll have a friend for life....:lmao:

quikbird

Reaction score
beekeeper, that's the fun here. thinking up a good insult or as the situation may call for, a good comeback. keeps the brain moving and creative. plus it's fun :bump:

Back