• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New play Toy

moparchris

Reaction score
toms69rr said:
Does it have rod knock or something? Or bad head gasket.

I got it running just check, either it's #2 or #3 , backfires and knock real loud, I'm thinking rod let loose. I may pull engine this weekend just to see. Depends how hot it gets this weekend , been brutal this summer down south. Still think I may try to find a rebuild, depends on price. found out that jasper wants you to buy thru an installer now, I did hear that their quality went down. again hear say.
any ideal of a fair price on a rebuild?

I would talk to one of the local machine shops. I have used a local out here and had great success. They rebuild your core or get a used one from Stuie and have it shipped. I think his price is good and shipping wont be too bad. Just a thought, back when I was working in a shop we put used motors in all the time with great success.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
If you decide to you can go from mild to wild with this guy...http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index ... ex&cPath=1

My brother-in-law supplies him with some raw parts. He is a hands on guy and a quiet Mustang Guru.

I was visiting in Va Beach with my sister and Jay did some work to my Cobra. Wow is all I can say. When you get yours rolling or have questions give him a call.

Jay Tucker, he or his wife will probably answer the phone.

You should have a blast with the droptop.

Back