• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New project

69vert

Reaction score
I liked this site so much, I had to buy a 69! The car is a Sport Satellite convertible. Needs some rust repair but is pretty solid and runs too. It also has two tone paint. :facepalm: Thanks again for the great site!

69ssvert.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ok...no hlt and runs! details!!! plans etc. hope you're keeplng lt a Satalllte we like those too.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Is it a sport Satellite with the deep set tail lights like a GTX?

69vert

Reaction score
Ok, Details: car is stock. Has 318/auto. Console, buckets. White interior and top. Originally F6 green. Car has trim similar to a GTX. Woodgrain dash/console. Same taillights/trunk panel. Same grille. Plans were to maybe mothball it as a retirement project, but, it runs good and the body isn't too bad. It needs quarters but they are holding together with the bondo :thumbsup: Originally I just wanted to get it driveable, but now I think I'll join the red team (quicky paint job) and drive it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69vert said:
but now I think I'll join the red team (quicky paint job) and drive it.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
sounds like you scored! :thumbsup:

69vert

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm been working on it with my son. He's 16 and likes ferrarri's and lambo's way too much. I need to convert him over to the mopar side before it's too late!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
great ldea! wlsh Dad had been lnto old cars when l was that age. well he was just drlvlng truc 5-7 days dldn't leave much tlme or $.

69vert

Reaction score
Ha Ha I just saw the "red team" comment. I knew i'd get some flack for it. Someday I'll totally restore it to stock, but for now I've always wanted red and the wife hates green.

Jim S.

Reaction score
69vert said:
Ha Ha I just saw the "red team" comment. I knew i'd get some flack for it. Someday I'll totally restore it to stock, but for now I've always wanted red and the wife hates green.

Very cool! I know you will enjoy working on it. Also sounds like your wife will fit right in here. :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69vert said:

tlme for a new wlfe! :jester:

69vert

Reaction score
You sooo funny! No new wife. It took me a long time to find one who would put up with me :worship:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
69vert said:

tlme for a new wlfe! :jester:
Just remember what Charley said :jester:

mcmopar

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Is it a sport Satellite with the deep set tail lights like a GTX?
Yes, the Sport Satellites had the deep set tail lights. The GTX was based on the Sport Satellite while the road runner was based on the Belvedere which had the flush mounted tail lights.
Great find BTW! So are you going to make a clone or keep it as a Sport Satellite? Back in the day the way to beat the insurance companies' muscle car surcharges was to order a 383 4-speed Sport Satellite which came with the 330hp 383. The insurance companies didn't consider the Satellite a "muscle car" and so would not charge the same surcharge as they would for the road runner - go figure.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If its a sport Satellite and you want a clone your half way to a GTX :thumbsup: Now if you want to be unique don't clone it :yesnod:

69vert

Reaction score
No plans to clone it. It is kind of a bastard now. Roadrunner grille and hood and tailpanel is pitted. No emblems also. For now I plan on keeping the grille and hood and not installing the tailpanel. Have you guys seen the prices of SS/GTX grilles and tailpanels??? :eek:

Back