• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new to forum......new 69 rr 440

CWR

Reaction score
hi im new from Ontario, Canada Just purchased a 69 rr Vitamin C orange with a 440 4 barrel Havent taken possesion yet. Not sure how to post apic Certain size? High end of Fine Scale

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome! :cheers: hope to see pics of your car soon.on't be shy if it's a project. we like those because it means more pics!
I'd say most of us are from the USA, we have several from Canada, and one or two from England.

CWR

Reaction score
[attachment=0:3qynjcyz]resize5.jpg[/attachment:3qynjcyz]

CWR

Reaction score
previous post is pic Just learning

CWR

Reaction score
HAVE TO TRANSPORT 1000 MILES HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL SALT AND SAND OFF ROADS ANY ADVICE

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
very nice :thumbsup:Love the wheels too. that looks so much better than the other resident orange road runner that has the 01 on the doors...... :pot:

I would say the road salt should be pretty much gone from the roads by now.

CWR

Reaction score
ITS IN Nova Scotia and I live in Ontario.............should I drive or transport 1000 miles[attachment=0:4chdbd27]resize2.jpg[/attachment:4chdbd27]

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Drive It!!! I've been driving my old Moprs 3-7 hours one way since i started driving. The worst thing I ever had happen was an old glass pack broke off.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
If you are confident that the car is in good mechanical condition, why not drive it. I know someone who bought a '69 convertible, site unseen, in S. Dakota, and drove it back to Connecticut with no problems.

1BADBIRD

Reaction score
:eek: Nice ride and welcome aboard. Looks like a new member of the red/orange crew!! Watch out Blue/Green we are building!!!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
CWR said:
ITS IN Nova Scotia and I live in Ontario.............should I drive or transport 1000 miles[attachment=0:e7mzx1k8]resize2.jpg[/attachment:e7mzx1k8]

Welcome :banana: :banana: BTW, you are our 100th member!

Nice car! Where in Ontario are you?

1000 miles in an unknown car is tough... The cars are reliable and easy to fix, but you never know.

If you do drive, perhaps a few spare parts and tools would be good to take. Ballast resistor and ECU (if its been converted to electronic ignition) at a minimum. Tools are easy, a 3/8" socket set, some combination wrenches, screw drivers and pliers will fix about anything fixable on the road. The Canadian version of an AAA card (CAA?) and a cell phone are musts too!

That said, check into rates for shipping. It may be worth it for piece of mind.

Salted roads are still a problem here, so I would imagine NS and Ontario would be the same. Until we have a few hard rains, the salt is still there.

Confederate1969

Reaction score
I'd also question driving it a thousand miles even if you know it's in great running condition. If it's got a 3:91 or 4:10 in the rear, that's gonna be an expensive and high revved thousand miles.

Back