• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new to forum......new 69 rr 440

mcmopar

Reaction score
If salt and sand are still on the roads I would transport it. I transported mine 800+ miles when I got it back and it was still very dirty but it was in an uncovered transporter. As nice as your car looks I would transport it in a covered rig if you can afford to do so.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
welcome to the roadrunner nest....great bunch of guys here....anything you need to know we can help....nice looking roadrunner....drive it home...take a chance but i would bring it to a garage and look it over before you go

CWR

Reaction score
Am considering all options, would like to get a rig and trailer it myself.....I have a Honda Pilot but may be too light. A transport would be ok but there is a minor rip on the frame where it was once transported.....hooks apparently dug in[attachment=0:132omwm6]inside.jpg[/attachment:132omwm6]

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
You can rent a UHaul truck and trailer.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Nice looking ride.

I'd check into Big John's suggestion. No risk of it breaking down, no worries with a transport company, and it'll be a nice adventure...

:jester:
Ray

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Welcome aboard!

Nice looking ride.

I'd check into Big John's suggestion. No risk of it breaking down, no worries with a transport company, and it'll be a nice adventure...

:jester:
Ray
I have had lots of break down and adventures ,makes for great stories to tell later . If you drive them it happens and whats the fun of having them if you dont drive them . Grab what has been suggested plus a couple belts and hoses also and drive it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CWR

Reaction score
Thanks everyone......I have a month or so to check my options.....will let u know

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've had good luck driving my cars long distance. Take some extra hoses,belt(s),wire and a toolbox. I usually have an extra altornater and regulater as well. I've never carred a starter because most of my cars have been 4 speeds. The worst that's ever happened to me locally was the throw out bearing went out on my way to work, but I still was able to drive the car home.
A few years ago my Uncle flew me out to Des Moines,Iowa to pick up a Dakota he won on ebay.A well used truck, and it never missed a lick. Drove it back to eastern Ohio. I have no problem driving an old car long distance. I'd much rather drive an old car than a new one that's all electronic.

Blown R/T

Reaction score
Welcome! Your new car is a clone to my cousins old Runner. accept his was a 4 speed. I love this combo. wheels included. drive it, he did. from florida to Wisconsin. (april). only had to replace a wheel seal. (iin rockford Ill.) was the best trip he and his wife had in this car. Good luck!

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
Welcome aboard and great 69!!!!

I'd like to say just drive it the thousand miles, but I'd be hesitant to drive mine that distance in one shot and I've owned it 11 years :lol:

CWR

Reaction score
JUST HIRED A CLOSED TRANSPORT!!!!!!!! TOO MUCH STRESS THE OTHER WAYS. DELIVERED TO MY DOOR

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Cool! Another tan gut car.

I was going to point out that unless the car is in an enclosed trailer you will risk the salt problem.

Confederate1969

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I've had good luck driving my cars long distance. Take some extra hoses,belt(s),wire and a toolbox. I usually have an extra altornater and regulater as well. I've never carred a starter because most of my cars have been 4 speeds. The worst that's ever happened to me locally was the throw out bearing went out on my way to work, but I still was able to drive the car home.
A few years ago my Uncle flew me out to Des Moines,Iowa to pick up a Dakota he won on ebay.A well used truck, and it never missed a lick. Drove it back to eastern Ohio. I have no problem driving an old car long distance. I'd much rather drive an old car than a new one that's all electronic.

Basket, my dad did the same thing. The trunk of my Runner had THREE spare alternators in it along with some extra belts.

Back