• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the site, just got my first bird

sam z

Reaction score
My old man was always a member of the Chrysler faithful. He never owned
a hot car and as a matter of fact has no interest in owning one. But always
raved about them and their performance at the track in the 1960's. Subsequently,
his cars were always Chryslers (72 duster, 76 Newport, early 80's fifth ave, etc).

I learned to appreciate them from him. I made the mistake of buying a car I
did not really want around 15 years ago, a 67 Coronet 440 (R/T clone). Had it
for a few years but was never content with it because bottom line, it wasn't
a real performance car and two, I always wanted a roadrunner. I foolishly
settled.

My goal since unloading it was always a 68 or 69 runner. Quite honestly, I think
the tail on a 68 with a plain deck lid looks great, but the grill on the 69 has the
68 beat on the other end. I finally got myself in a position to purchase one and
here I am.

CWR

Reaction score
Hi

I just joined the site a few days ago and have my first RR. Had a new '68 Coronet 318 cid and couldnt afford any more. Just purchased and will take delivery of a '69 RR 440 (1971 motor) orange in color. Had the final go ahead from my wife of 40+ years. She now has to get matching out fit.............and if we go to her garage sales its in my Car. I live in Eastern Ontario.

CWR

Reaction score
My Dad wqs also a Chrysler guy........'46'Dodge, 51 Dodge, 56 Dodge and a 63 Dodge all economical 6's.

jays69bird

Reaction score
Welcome to the site,Iam a newbee too,even though I've owned my 69 for 24yrs.

jays69bird

Reaction score
We had some interesting Chrysler products,I came home form the Hospital in a 65 Fury,my dad traded that in for the first 69 in our town,(also the first car I remember)We also had a second car whick was a 63 Fury red and white 4 door hard top with a 361,that car I think got my blood going for the penastar.The 69 was a lemon (yes even Chrysler made them)so my dad traded it in for a left over 70 Fury.My older brother turned 16 in 72 his first car was a 69 Roadrunner 383 4sp. with custom paint,to a young preteen kid that car was cool,shortly after the old man who was going through a midlife bought a 69 Charger 383 4 sp. with factory air! I kinda had these cars in my blood,problem is I started to drive in the early 80s and in upstate NY thanks to thesalt most of these cars were gone,I bought a 72 Charger SE 400 but I really wanted onre of the older ones.In high school A friend told me about a Dart convertible for sale,I was never an A body guy but thought it was worth a look.As the car came into sight I realized it was a B body.I had never seen a roadrunner convertible,I wrote down the vin not being sure it was real and drove to the local CP dealer,after the parts guy looked up the vin,I went to school (late) later that day I called the # asking price was $1700 after driving it and some haggling I paid $1400.All the other cars I previously mentioned are long gone but I still have my "DART" convertible.LOL P.S. also forgot to mention the 68 Cornet 500 convertible my brother bought after the roadrunner.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The hospital story reminds me that our oldest was rushed to and taken home in our first Hemi bird back in 1975.

moparmoose3

Reaction score
you're gonna like this site. these guys are quite the bunch. i'm new here myself. just jump in and join the fun. great to have ya here. :jester: :drive:

moparmoose3

Reaction score
welcome to you too CWR. hope you like this site also. btw, nice bird, sweet!! :drive: :thumbsup:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
hmmmmmmm...the red guys must be in cahoots with the General Lee Boys........Blue And Green might have to join forces to ward off this outside attack.....

"Team white" is a little thin, could use an alliance with another color. :party:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
Basketcase said:
hmmmmmmm...the red guys must be in cahoots with the General Lee Boys........Blue And Green might have to join forces to ward off this outside attack.....

"Team white" is a little thin, could use an alliance with another color. :party:
Well, there is all this talk about people going "GREEN" these days! They are talking about cars,,,,,,right? :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
A white hat implied a good guy so you should look to the true BLUE good guys! :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah, but you Hemi guy(s) know better then most, you can't do a thing without the GREEN!$$

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Basketcase said:
yeah, but you Hemi guy(s) know better then most, you can't do a thing without the GREEN!$$
OUCH :lol:

That green team would seem to be much better organized and better connected than our initial recon indicated... :lmao:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
Basketcase said:
OUCH :lol:

That green team would seem to be much better organized and better connected than our initial recon indicated... :lmao:

:jester:
That was a lucky strike by the greens, Our intel shows they have no intelligence :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score

:jester:[/quote]
That was a lucky strike by the greens, Our intel shows they have no intelligence :lmao:[/quote]
NOW JUST A MINUTE! :toetap: I resemble that remark! Wait....... what did I just say!

Back