• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to this

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
sixgunrunner68 said:
Don't be dragging us down to this level.. :lol:
:lol: 439 posts and Big hasn't hit your avatar yet, talk about staying under the radar :lol:

I noticed that too... The Big Kahuna will probably have some time off in the coming days...and we all know what happens when his hands are idle... :lol:
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
:lol: 439 posts and Big hasn't hit your avatar yet, talk about staying under the radar :lol:[/quote]

I noticed that too... The Big Kahuna will probably have some time off in the coming days...and we all know what happens when his hands are idle... :lol:[/quote]
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: The big guy got him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moparmofo

Reaction score
Just to go off topic for a second. Does $600 sound fair for a pair of bucket seats with the tracks?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Moparmofo said:
Just to go off topic for a second. Does $600 sound fair for a pair of bucket seats with the tracks?
:lol: Off topic :lol: Way high for cores unless there is a six way seat track, I would guess its ok for ones with good upholstery I haven't looked at any in awhile, I'm sure more will chime in. Just remembered, if they are with good headrests it's a steal.

Moparmofo

Reaction score
Not sure about the tracks but the upholtery is in ok condition not great!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Moparmofo said:
Just to go off topic for a second.

That made me laugh too... :basketcase:

No such thing as off-topic around here...we kind of meander a bit...and usually come back to the original post's subject matter at some point... "Usually"... :lol: Big John is the owner of this wonderful website and his philosophy is simple: It should be a web-based version of some car buddies sitting around, having a beer, and shooting the breeze about whatever comes up...and no conversation between friends ever stays on the same topic forever... :D

I would add that as the thread's originator you're more than welcome to put it back on track at any point you wish. No one will complain...except maybe in jest... :lol:

:jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: The big guy got him :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was never a question of "if?", it was only a matter of "when?"...! :lol:

Have I made it through the initiation? :wedgie:

It's a twelve step process. One down. Only eleven more to go... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:jester:
ACME

Moparmofo

Reaction score
Just trying to be funny by saying that. I just asked cause who better to ask then you guys. Mopar is new to me. I basically got a car that I have always wanted but never thought i would get.but parts and other related stuff for it is a bit different then the pontiacs Ive worked on. I've had the car for 5 days and I've been obssed with fixing it up luckily it doesn't need to much work. First thing I wanna do it get rid of the sport seats and it has a hurst 4 speed linier shifter and a seperat stick for reverse not to crazy about that either so if anyone has any oppinions they would be much appreciated.
Thanks guys.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Moparmofo said:
First thing I wanna do it get rid of the sport seats and it has a hurst 4 speed linier shifter and a seperat stick for reverse not to crazy about that either so if anyone has any oppinions they would be much appreciated.
Thanks guys.

Sounds like you'd probably be happier with an original Hurst shifter or an aftermarket shifter like a Hurst Competition Plus. The last time that I looked at the new versions of the Competition Plus it seemed as though they had gotten quite universal and were no longer engineered for specific applications - but maybe somebody here has some actual experience or knowledge and can chime in to confirm or refute this notion. FWIW my RR uses an older Competition Plus shifter mechanism and shift rods and has an original '69 RR shift lever drilled to work with it. Looks original from above, but with a better unit below. :cents:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah $600 is too high for cores. I paid half that for the '70 high backs with new covers I had in the other car, and that was in......'06.

moparchris

Reaction score
I just used a new competition plus from Brewers on my Duster. Pretty nice piece and I think I paid $199 for it. Pretty much identical to the original except the shift stops.

Back