• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Venture

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Great, I remember how excited I was to own my own business. I started out pretty young so I was gung ho and thought I needed tons of new equipment, and thought I would always have plenty of work to pay for it........... :lol: that's funny, I don't care who you are. I'll get dug out one of these days but the last couple of years have been tough. Keep your overhead low and you'll enjoy yourself every day. I never regret it at all....... :thumbsup:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Owning your own business is great... I've always wanted to and it was almost 10 years ago that I was able to take the plunge. It was (and still is) a lot of hard work but the rewards have been great.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Ok boys. I just ordered my business cards and a few other things. Here it is:
[attachment=0:3bhomcdc]Bus Card.JPG[/attachment:3bhomcdc]

Yeah - its Green! :jester: To tell the truth the only reason I went with green is because I liked the graphic. I would have gone with just about any other color but hey - green is the color of money! :banana:

moparmoose3

Reaction score
i'm glad it's taken off for you bud, hope it all comes together for ya, by the way, did you see above my avitar. :drive: :banana: :banana:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparmoose3 said:
i'm glad it's taken off for you bud, hope it all comes together for ya, by the way, did you see above my avitar. :drive: :banana: :banana:

so...what did you do to deserve the Wrath of Big?

Looks great John :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
I asked Big to put that there for Jerry because his son used to have that bumper sticker on his van. I just thought it was funny and Jerry would get a chuckle out of it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
hey John, my Dad has a bunch of tapes from a small reel to reel recorder that he made in the late '60s and early '70s. can you do anything with those?

mcmopar

Reaction score
Business cards and scanner arrived today. The rest of the equipment gets here tomorrow. Had a meeting with some marketing people today and was duly impressed. I'll need some more $$$ to deal with them but they are flexible. I'm still going to investigate other options as well before I start spending money I really don't have on advertising. Taking the plunge now!

mcmopar

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
hey John, my Dad has a bunch of tapes from a small reel to reel recorder that he made in the late '60s and early '70s. can you do anything with those?

Dave, I found a place that might be able to help with your dad's tapes. Check them out and see what you think.
http://www.reel2reel2cd.com/

mcmopar

Reaction score
:party: :party: :party:
I got the website up and running today. Its simple, nothing fancy but it gets me out there in the digital world. I can add more info and redesign as I go.
http://www.macsdigitalservices.com
I've even got a playlist of selected music on there. More songs will be added but I have to convert from wav to mp3 first since the website only supports mp3 and mp4 music files. :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Well, I've only officially been in business one day. The official "opening" was yesterday so it will take awhile. I installed my LightScribe CD/DVD drive this morning and played around with labeler today. I still need to work on it but I kind of get the idea. There are still a few things to learn about the hardware and software but I can make do right now until I get some time to play around with everything. I've got some CAD work to do this afternoon for a company I've been helping off and on since Oct. of '08. Until things get rolling they are my #1 customer.

Back