• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie from SoCal

ALX69RR440

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m Alex a new member from Rancho Palos Verdes in the Los Angeles area of Southern California. I was referred to this forum by a member of the forbbodiesonly forum. Within the last month I sold my 67 Dart GT and purchased a 69 RR OG 383 that now has a 440. The 69 Roadrunner has always been my dream car but until now I never had the chance to own one.
About my new B body
The good: I got the original #’s matching 383 and A833 currently not installed but I got them. I bought the car from the second owner and still has the black California plates. All mechanical components have been gone through. It has a Bob Lambeck built 440 (I have all the receipts. Holy S%$#T this guy must be a genius based on this receipts). Interior is in good condition no rips or tears.

The bad: rust spots that need immediate attention on the doors, rockers and rear window corner. I’m proficient in mechanical issues but totally clueless when it comes to body work and paint so I was hoping that some of the Southern California members can chime in and recommend a good body shop that can tackle the rust and paint. The car will be a driver so show quality is not in the budget. Thank you.

IMG_0355Small.jpg

IMG_0358Small.jpg

IMG_0344Small.jpg

IMG_0342Small.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome aboard :party: Looks like a pretty good dream car you picked up. We have a couple of SoCal members that I'm sure will jump in on your body question. :popcorn:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Alex, welcome aboard! :cheers:

What a great ride you scored there. That one will be a truckload of fun. :thumbsup:

Glad you found us.

:jester:
ACME

mtdrydock

Reaction score
What has two thumbs and is green with envy?

This guy, right here.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Welcome Alex. Glad you finally got your dream car :thumbsup:
Make yourself at home here.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the bird's nest Alex! :cheers: I felt the same way when I was finally able to get my bird!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
Welcome from NY Alex, great site to be a part of. :thumbsup: Many knowledgeable people here. :thumbsup: Don't let our antics discourage you.. :lol:
Antics :huh: :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
sixgunrunner68 said:
Welcome from NY Alex, great site to be a part of. :thumbsup: Many knowledgeable people here. :thumbsup: Don't let our antics discourage you.. :lol:

Relax, Bob. Obviously, he was talking about Dave, John McM, Chris, Steve, et al. You know, the green rabble-rousers. :basketcase:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
sixgunrunner68 said:

Relax, Bob. Obviously, he was talking about Dave, John McM, Chris, Steve, et al. You know, the green rabble-rousers. :basketcase:

Yeah Yeah that's the ticket! :jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
sixgunrunner68 said:

Rabble what?!?!?! :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: p.p. Ray, you know the old saying don't you? "It takes one to know one!" :jester: :lmao: :

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
sixgunrunner68 said:

:basketcase:
:pot:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
four speed post car :thumbsup:
welcome from Ohio.
OK...hands up, does this look like a rabble rouser?
Steve like the new sig pic :thumbsup:

Back