• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice low mile Road Runner with a Ray Barton engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I know this guy really well and he has a chance to buy a neighboring piece of property. He will still have another 69, so he will be OK with one car and some more land.

I have seen this car, is it pretty nice. The paint is old, so it needs a paint job to be perfect. The engine is one bad beast. Built by Ray Barton.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/cto/1750925780.html

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
*taps*

I was told today that the car sold and was totaled on Saturday. Was rear ended and pushed into the car in front of it.

A real shame. Was a great car.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hes going to develop heart trouble keeping it in like that :yesnod: :jester:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
heres the story on ray barton

i bought a rotating assembly from him for 4 grand...a 572 assembly,balanced,callies crank,ray barton steel race rods,je gas ported pistons
a challies crank....got a callies box with a scat crank in it
ray barton steel race rods...got oliver race rods
je gas ported 11 .5 to 1 pistons
and this i paid for....a completely balanced assembly.....drop it in and go
also ordered a bullit cam

my builder has all the parts and begins the assembly
was missing the crank key so i called up callies and told me it wasnt there crank...turns out to be a scat crank...same price...i ate it
so he drops in the crank,assemblies rods/pins/pistons...all of them...goes to install rings and lower land of oil rings fits but the lower spacer dont....they forgot to cut them
now he has to take them all apart so he can send them to je in california...barton dont want to pay labor cost
well before we sent them to je he weighed them....all were within 7 grams of each other.....i paid for a balanced assembly
we get them back they were within 1 gram of each other....thats balanced
he assembles rods/pins/pistons....all of them.....drops them in left bank cylinders and bolts the caps on....now he drops in the right bank and has no clearance between the rods at the crank.....they have to be clearanced at a machine shop.....barton dont want to pay the labor cost.....my builder has to disassemble everything....rods/pins/pistons

we get them back....now everytime he disassembles he has to reclean everything

puts it all together...drop in the cam...assemble and set up timing on the milodon gear drive and we check piston to valve clearance....rotate crank and a valve hits the piston.....he sent me a 440 cam....dont work in a hemi....barton dont want to pay for labor......i called him/my builder called him and he says thats all part of building a engine....well if i sold a rotating assembly it should bolt up with no problems what so ever...right?

george68hemirr

Reaction score
i ran out of room.....i couldnt read what i was typing......anyway.....thats not a businessman.....he shouldve picked up the tab on the extra labor i had to pay for....my builder thought very highly of ray barton and told him he would bad mouth him to everyone for what he did on this build.....i am so glad i had this guy build this hemi....he knows his stuff

and this is why ray barton is a piece of $hit....i wouldnt trust him with anything

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
WOW!

Maybe he gets bent if you don' pony up for him to do the build? Crappy if so.

Thanks for the heads up.

As for this car, it was a running mother. No traction.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
and this is why ray barton is a piece of $hit....i wouldnt trust him with anything

George, you're not the first person that I've heard say that they would never buy his stuff again... :leave:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
george68hemirr said:

George, you're not the first person that I've heard say that they would never buy his stuff again... :leave:
and i wont be the last either :eek:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this fight, and i;ll never see the likes of a Barton or similar engine under my hood...BT, if a man buys a supossadly ready to drop in engine....it should be just that. when you started finding mistakes, Barton shoulda told you to send it all back and send you another (on HIS dime), or gave you your money back.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
FALSE ALARM!!!!!!!

When the guy sen me the message, it was in a reply to a discussion about the red RR.

Turns out, the driver is fine, no word on any other injuries, must not have hurt anybody too bad.

Bad news- the sweetest 71 Demon was the car in the wreck. Buckled the quarters and more.

The red RR was sold to a dealer.

Just a miscommunication.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I don't have a dog in this fight, and i;ll never see the likes of a Barton or similar engine under my hood...BT, if a man buys a supossadly ready to drop in engine....it should be just that. when you started finding mistakes, Barton shoulda told you to send it all back and send you another (on HIS dime), or gave you your money back.
i bought a rotating mass and a cam from him

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and i've noticed in a few MCG stories, guys have gotten cars with a Barton engine in them. and during their resto, they change engines. always wondered about that. not any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back