• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice low mile Road Runner with a Ray Barton engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannye

Reaction score
Glad to hear about Barton. It's nice to know who not to give my hard earned cash to. What about those crate motors from Ma...or is it Herr... wait now it's Ma Mopar again?

I'm always thinking one day I'll get that clean missing motor Satellite convertible and transform it into my new triple black with black hood stripes modern hot rod daily driver....I've heard that a black on black RR vert is the meanest looking thing ever conceived...

Who would you go to for a powerplant? I remember reading somewhere that the new hemis both bolt right into B/RB motor mounts... is this true?

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
george68hemirr said:
and this is why ray barton is a piece of $hit....i wouldnt trust him with anything

George, you're not the first person that I've heard say that they would never buy his stuff again... :leave:

Me too. A few of my drag race buddies bought complete turn key race motors with dyno sheets. One broke a rocker arm stud off. No biggie except there is no fix for the $4k rockers and there crap geometry, and so it bent a few valves in the process which broke 2 pistons and junked the block. The other guy runs his 2200# dart with his 950 hp hemi and it runs 10s. I would say its a little off and so we take it to my buddies dyno shop and the thing turned just over 600 WTF?! well upon tear down the clearances were junk and several of the ring had butted up and torn the ring lands off. The most disturbing part of this is the fact that when either of them called for help they got the cold shoulder. I guess if you spend $25k on a race engine you get a drunken sailor assembling your motor! :soap:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
thats what i am saying.....forget the crate motor cause you really dont know what you are getting.....and some jerkoff who is halfass could be building your motor.......go out and buy all the parts and hand them to a builder that you can trust and youve got a motor thats going to take a beating and last a long time......money well spent.....it may cost more then the crate motor but you know it built right

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
mannye said:
What about those crate motors from Ma...or is it Herr... wait now it's Ma Mopar again?

Since there will be the Fiat 500 sitting in the Chrysler showrooms in the next few months, its probably Signora Mopar now.

Fix It Again Tony!

droptop

Reaction score
mannye said:
....my new triple black with black hood stripes....I've heard that a black on black RR vert is the meanest looking thing ever conceived...

I have visions of mine someday being black on black on red.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
droptop said:
mannye said:
....my new triple black with black hood stripes....I've heard that a black on black RR vert is the meanest looking thing ever conceived...

I have visions of mine someday being black on black on red.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
i love black but you are a slave to it keeping it polished and clean all the time

inkjunkie

Reaction score
I joined just to read this post and comment. I have a buddy that swears by Barton. After reading this I think I would be swearing at him. My buddy recently bout ght a 528 from him. It is a race gas motor. But my buddy will be driving it on the street. Friend's trans guy went to get a convertor and needed the cam specs, they called Barton who would not give him the cam specs. Said that it is a custom gound cam and they do not want there secrets being told to just anybody.....

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome to the site! stop by the intro section and tell us about yourself.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
On a side note, the new owner of the car we started about in this thread has already tried to sell it. No link handy but I have seen it a few places listed.

Could the Barton mill be scaring people away?

george68hemirr

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
On a side note, the new owner of the car we started about in this thread has already tried to sell it. No link handy but I have seen it a few places listed.

people try and buy the name behind the product but if they screw enough people and dont stand behind what they do yo go elsewhere

moparstuart

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:

i doubt it in the mopar community barton is still a very big name , despite uncle georges experience . Uncle george needs to work harder to get the word out . :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/1791795685.html

He has a few ads with a few different pics floating around.

While the quality of Bartons work may be suspect based on what we have been told here, the car really is an excellent example. It would take only minor body work and paint to be a 30K plus car. That I know.
nice roadrunner :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back