• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

nice video

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
very nice, thanks for sharing. I like all of them, but the silver one with the primer showing thru looks like one to have fun with. It was on ebay a few years ago.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
All nice cars, thanks Mac. The A 12 runner is on my wish list, and will most likely stay there.

Skidz

Reaction score
There's something about the blacked out hoods and the black steel rims that's just drop dead sexy on those cars.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
All nice cars, thanks Mac. The A 12 runner is on my wish list, and will most likely stay there.

I wanted one since about age 16...which coincidentally is when I got into MoPars and subsequently became aware of the A12 cars. I never thought I'd actually have one either...but sometimes the planets just properly align... A lot of credit goes to my beloved wife as she encouraged me to pursue "Bambi" rather than discouraging me from doing so. Now I just have to finish/sell a couple of the other rides so that I can return her to her glory days... Hell, right now I'd settle for getting my seats back from the upholstery shop so I could drive her a little...I even tried putzing around the neighborhood sitting on a H Wheel with a small cushion on it...but that was a really crappy idea...no further explanation required I'm sure...
:jester:
Ray

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:

I wanted one since about age 16...which coincidentally is when I got into MoPars and subsequently became aware of the A12 cars. I never thought I'd actually have one either...but sometimes the planets just properly align... A lot of credit goes to my beloved wife as she encouraged me to pursue "Bambi" rather than discouraging me from doing so. Now I just have to finish/sell a couple of the other rides so that I can return her to her glory days... Hell, right now I'd settle for getting my seats back from the upholstery shop so I could drive her a little...I even tried putzing around the neighborhood sitting on a H Wheel with a small cushion on it...but that was a really crappy idea...no further explanation required I'm sure...
Ray

Tell us more about Bambi. Numbers matching, options etc......

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Tell us more about Bambi. Numbers matching, options etc......

Oh boy, this won't take long... :lmao:

NOM. I can trace the car's history back to '76. Original engine was gone at that point - she was apparently used as intended when new... There's a '70 big rod (six pack) four barrel engine under the hood that has been there since '76. Original four-speed and Dana remain.

As I've mentioned to you guys several times previously, she was delivered in glorious B5 blue. Currently there are only two known B5 4-spd A12 RR coupes so she is fairly rare. Option list is limited to the tach and the chrome exhaust tips. THAT'S IT. The line on the fender tag where the options are usually found is blank... M2B bench seat interior with B7 trim. The blue interior is quite rare in an A12 also. Radio delete and bottom-feeder steering wheel. No rear arm rests, painted stainless trim on the doors, blue arm rest bases on the doors- no chrome! Your basic two-door blue taxi with a 440-6 and four-gear...

I have a 2-23-69 dated coded 440 block that I'm going to put in her when I do the resto...finished disassembling it yesterday. It's going to the machine shop on Friday. Just piddling around until I finish the Malibu and get that sold...and enjoying driving an old primered factory hot-rod around...

Ray

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
mac said:
acme a-12

maybe i missed something. why the name, Bambi? :huh:

Its a little known fact, but all A-12's were given a name when they left the factory. Everyday someone else on the line was chosen to name the each car. That name was inscribed on the driver's seat frame and for the most part, never known to any driver except those that drove the car until they not only wore the seat upholstery down, but the foam padding as well.

The cars were usually named for the guy's wife or kids... sometimes their Mom, but it was always a female name that meant something special to them. In this case, the guy that was chosen that day spent a lot of time at a local club where he had fallen in love with the "entertainment".

This was completely unknown to A-12 restoration experts and was only recently revealed in a thread at the A-12 forum.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
Big John said:
mac said:
acme a-12

Its a little known fact, but all A-12's were given a name when they left the factory. Everyday someone else on the line was chosen to name the each car. That name was inscribed on the driver's seat frame and for the most part, never known to any driver except those that drove the car until they not only wore the seat upholstery down, but the foam padding as well.

The cars were usually named for the guy's wife or kids... sometimes their Mom, but it was always a female name that meant something special to them. In this case, the guy that was chosen that day spent a lot of time at a local club where he had fallen in love with the "entertainment".

This was completely unknown to A-12 restoration experts and was only recently revealed in a thread at the A-12 forum.

:toetap: alright i'll ask.............is that really true!! :popcorn:

Big John

Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
What if the frame said "WAYNE" or "ALEX"??? :gay:

That only happened on the pink Dodges.

Big John

Reaction score
mac said:
Big John said:
mac said:
acme a-12

:toetap: alright i'll ask.............is that really true!! :popcorn:

Of course it is.
:leave:

wannarunner

Reaction score
what is a bottom-feeder steering wheel?.....sorry for the lame ???????

Back