• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No more idiot...

wannarunner

Reaction score
I want to add an oil pressure gage, any recommendations?

Thanks!

wannarunner

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Another ??, My 383 is mostly stock, I have an Edlebrock on it and the ignition upgrade and thats about it. (stock exhaust manifolds)I want to switch out/upgrade the Cam/lifters with a 1 step above stock set, my motor is original and I don't want to start busting it up with fire breathing upgrades. Any recommendations for a quality flat tappit cam??

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The "Search" button is your friend... :cool:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1647&p=20507&hilit=comp+268#p20507

Comp XE262 or XE268 seem to be the most popular choices for your set-up.

I wish I was building something similar right now because I'd love to evaluate the Lunati Voodoo equivilants. No one here has taken the plunge yet unfortunately. Looks like there might be a few free ponies available based on the research I've done... but I can't steer you there because I have not tried them out yet myself...

Ray

A31PKG

Reaction score
I'm using the 268XE...very happy with it...
Decent idle with a slight crackle...
Smooth acceleration...
Power comes in low for good street manners, and screams at 5500-6000....
Basically stock 383 with a .030 overbore...
Mine's a 4-speed... may act different in an automatic??

:thumbsup:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
The cheap Autometer by Autogauge seem accurate. Have used several.

If you can find USA made gauges then that would be better.

moparchris

Reaction score
The Comp XE series work great. Cant go wrong with that. Just make sure that you do all the necessary stuff when breaking it in, or you will regret it.

wannarunner

Reaction score
I've got the motor out and I'm slowly disassembling and cleaning it. I was nodding towards the 268, but between here and Moparts I'm doing some more research.....

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
wannarunner said:
I've got the motor out and I'm slowly disassembling and cleaning it. I was nodding towards the 268, but between here and Moparts I'm doing some more research.....

What? Not enough bitching, whining, complaining, name-calling, or self-appointed-MoPar-Demigod advice for you here??? :basketcase:

wannarunner

Reaction score
lol.... more like information overload, I am doing alot of research and asking alot of "what would you run" I want to match parts as close as possible. I don't want my motor to be a dog......

Any suggestions for a carb? I want to run a performer RPM... apparently the ebrock 1407 I'm running now is a dog

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
wannarunner said:
lol.... more like information overload, I am doing alot of research and asking alot of "what would you run" I want to match parts as close as possible. I don't want my motor to be a dog......

Any suggestions for a carb? I want to run a performer RPM... apparently the ebrock 1407 I'm running now is a dog
Get Comps kit, springs and lifters and throw a Holley '3310' 750cfm vacuum secondary at it :thumbsup:

wannarunner

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
wannarunner said:

Get Comps kit, springs and lifters and throw a Holley '3310' 750cfm vacuum secondary at it :thumbsup:

the Holly would work good with a performer RPM?

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Shouldn't he be watching his height with the intake change?

Are the Orange inserts for looks or are they functional (air grabber)?

If not (unsilenced) the base from a Ford Drop base air cleaner works wonders on a 440 with no clearance issues at all.

wannarunner

Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
Shouldn't he be watching his height with the intake change?

Are the Orange inserts for looks or are they functional (air grabber)?

If not (unsilenced) the base from a Ford Drop base air cleaner works wonders on a 440 with no clearance issues at all.

"Shouldn't he be watching his height with the intake change?"

Normally yes, but I am going to run a 50/50 hood.

"Are the Orange inserts for looks or are they functional"

Looks

"If not (unsilenced) the base from a Ford Drop base air cleaner works wonders on a 440 with no clearance issues at all."

its a 383 car

wannarunner

Reaction score
Is there some type of clear aerosal spray that can be applied to aluminum intakes and such to keep the finish from staining?

are you guys wanting pics or are you cool with me just asking a million ??.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
wannarunner said:
Is there some type of clear aerosal spray that can be applied to aluminum intakes and such to keep the finish from staining?

are you guys wanting pics or are you cool with me just asking a million ??.
We like pics and ask away, I don't know that much but between the the members knowledge base we usually come up with an answer or some discussion that will annoy the hell out of you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back