• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No more Road for the Runner!

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Actually we did but not on every panel. After the blast sandind, they applied a stop rust on the front fender, it is like a chimical liquid i'll get you a pic of that product.

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
On the doors we remove it because we have to when we did the body work, and i guess on the front fender it remains a bit of it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Without translation it appears to be a product we have over here. I used the rust converter and it basically turns rust into cast iron and its harder than a rock.

quikbird

Reaction score
Ps just wanted to say thanks for the picture of the trunk. From your picture I figured out that someone had bent all tabs on my lock and I have been going nuts trying to figure out how to keep the lock cylinder from falling into the trunk. I got to spend the other day unbending and straightening all the tabs back out. Again, thanks for the picture.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
West Virginia trunk key....it's all in the details Bobby.

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Hey!
Just a quick update! ^^ During summer we did some progress on the car, and yesterday we get our gas bottle back for MIG welding. So next week we are going to weld trunk floor! :)

At the end of July we have welded the sheet metal that will support the rear bumper. Then during August I did all the trim of the car, the radio and the thing with the command for the heat. Trim was really tough to do... The hold owner didn't put clips to fix them, so he stuck it with the rear window seal. So I had to remove it with thermal cleaner then I used steel wool on both side then I polished every single one trim and now they shine like new! :p pretty happy with how it turned out!
The radio looks good also, so as the heat command pad :) also polished the door step. Did some repair on the headlight bulbs, had to weld back two connections, headlight bezels and front grill are ready for flat black paint.

I will post some pics as soon as possible, that was just to keep you posted ;)

thanks see you!

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Hello every one! :)

It's been a long time once again, sorry about that, and I didn't post any pics like I said... Shame on me. I really have to put some, because I'm at a critical point and I might need your help for that, like always lol!
We did some progress since last time, trunk floor is now weld, grind every weld spot, Wheel house are changed, full quarters remove and now we are putting the new quarters. Perhaps there are some technics to put them on "easily", to adjust or so. Any advice for that would be greatly appreciated, if anyone has any experience with it:)

Before cutting out quarters we put back on car, front fenders and doors to align them on the old quarters so we have "just" to align new ones on doors ^^ Really easy to speak of, but it is not the same when we are in front of it ^^

Thank you all for following us, French guys in our little home garage lol ^^
See you! And promise this time I will post some pics! :p

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and don;t think just because there is an ocean and thousands of miles between us we won't come after you for not posting pictures....we Americans remember the way to France....:toetap::toetap::toetap::jester:

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Ok basketcase I will keep it in mind! ^^ You can come if you want to help on this project! lol it could be fun ^^

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
HAHA that is a good point Roadcuda LOL! I'll pick you at Charles De Gaulle airport with the bird I just have to put pedals in it and it will be just fine! :victorious:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
oh there's a tunnel Steve..it's not been announced yet....

Back