• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Non self adjusting brakes

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I know they were used on Hemi cars and police cars. The 383 Roadrunner rear I'm working on has them and they are original, I thought they should be self adjusting, am I off base? It has the large tooth adjuster and has never had a brake job!

A31PKG

Reaction score
To my knowledge, all Road Runners with non-power drum brakes were manually adjusted. Not sure if that applies to cars that had power brakes &/or front discs?
The adjusting (star) wheel looks like every other tooth is missing on the manual versions.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I think seventy is the first year of self adjusters (could be wrong) but many updated their 69s to it over the years, I don't mind the manual adjusters one bit.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Haven't had to touch the brakes on mine...but now you guys have piqued my curiousity... :popcorn:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
betwen parts cars, and drivers, I've had about a dozen '68-';69 B Bodies, and none had self adjusters. I was kinda surprised that my '68 Charger R/T didn't. My Uncle's C Bodies from the same years did though.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
better! :drool: :drool: now where's those damn Oreos?

Roadcuda

Reaction score
mac said:
69hemibeep said:
mac said:
had the manual adjusters on mine until everything went new.
I want the old avatar back :soap: :jester:

try this one on for size.
Try them on for.....wait....what???? oh yeah,,,,ahahahah..... size?!?!?!? Nice, but I liked the last one better!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Back