• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

not as much fun as it used to be....

Roadcuda

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
i would be doing the same thing......as you age you kinda forget.....is that a 1/2 inch or 9/16......then you just bring a shitload of tools with ya...

Isn't that why they invented adjustable wrenches? One tool fits all! :D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
i would be doing the same thing......as you age you kinda forget.....is that a 1/2 inch or 9/16......then you just bring a shitload of tools with ya
then i got even smarter.....installed a lift :lol:
If you aint slithering you aint working :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well there is dancing in the street :banana: :banana: :banana: the truck is alive and in the garage. a buddy at work modified my trans mount. It fit like a glove. the trans linkage all lined up perfectly(real surprise the way things had been going) got all the wiring changed over, relays and Ignition box mounted. Hit the key and the starter(Classic Chrysler Gear Reduction motor) cranked. Hooked up my redneck gallon gas can(the V6 had the pump in the tank so I have to swap the tanks)and pulled it into the garage.
and no crap about pics :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: , the way this project has gone I was ready to scrap'm both. still got some work to do, but a major leap ahead today.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
right after I got the engine/trans out of the black truck, I got to dig up the spetic tank so I could get it pumped out. thought that was all done with, and had to dig out the inlet hatch, cause the pipe from the house to the tank was plugged. Had to use a snake and the hose. I think I found evey piece of TP that this house went thru in the last year. You city boys are really missing out on some fun....
so this little diverson put me behind, but I did get the V6 & 5 speed out of my red truck. Then back to work. Hope to get back at the truck my next days off.

I'm late for the party on this one.

I used to have to dig down for my septic hatch too. I was having the tank pumped and the septic guy said to me "You need a hatch" and proceeded to sell me on installing a piece of round plastic with a concrete cover on it. Cost me about $60 for him to install it. He dig up the tank cover, placed the plastic pipe in the ground and put the concrete hatch on the top. I never have to dig it up again! Money well spent.

I may have to tell the "septic tank story" later.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I thought about a hatch the first time I had to find the septic tank, and ended up having a backhow come in. but after finding it, and it's only a couple feet down, and with the map I map, the hatch was open in less than 20 minutes.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I call the guys out to pump my septic tank they just probe around with a steel rod and a shovel and it's over in a minute or two... :popcorn:

Glad you got the truck running, Dave. Now, where are the pics...? :basketcase:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I'll throw some up when it's finished. Got the front end back together last night. Need to get the exhaust,hood, and the gas tank swapped. as soon as my Uncle gets the motor mount fabbed up, I can take it out.

Back