• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Off to the Body shop!

joewhite440

Reaction score
They shop picked up my RR today! Will not be able to afford a Top and Bottom restoration but we will do a Strip to Bare metal, Redo Trunk. Engine Compartment, Interior and Outside. Floors are all good . He is going to take Pictures throughout job! As I get them I will post on here. Cant wait to see it all back to Q5.

_2PK8109.JPG

dobie

Reaction score
Awesome! It was one year ago today that mine left my garage for the body shop.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
great to hear Jow. whatcha doing for wheels?

joewhite440

Reaction score
I have know the body guys since High School. His boy does really Show Quality Paint work. He has won a couple best of show in Pittsbugh!
I do not know what type of projects he won on! He loves these old cars. He has a couple show trucks. Just clean straight original stuff that they re did. They just built on to the garage and added a new Paint booth with all the bells and whistles and hope doing my car will help get the word out that they are doing Total reconditions on Antiques etc not just Insurance work! I think they will do me a good job because they both know that if I was able I would do it myself. I loved doing paintwork and use to do it for living!
As far as wheels I will go 15 inch Road Wheels and BFGs. The same Tire size combo I had on my Challenger I just sold.
I like Crager SS and at one time that is all I ran. I do not know how many new sets I bought back in the 70's and 80"s. I had them on all my Darts, Dusters and my 71 Challenger I sold in 84.

joewhite440

Reaction score
I like the look of Mc Mopars Runner and I believe that is the combo he told me he ran a couple years back!!!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
I like the look of Mc Mopars Runner and I believe that is the combo he told me he ran a couple years back!!!

John's car is like the ambassador for Road Wheels (Magnum 500s)...it just looks right. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and being green is the cherry on top :drool:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
joewhite440 said:

John's car is like the ambassador for Road Wheels (Magnum 500s)...it just looks right. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
:yeathat: :yeathat:

joewhite440

Reaction score
My 69 Post car that I had in 2000 had them but they were only 14 inch with really small tires on them. Had the "BIG Bird Look" all body no legs going!!!

mycars 001a.jpg

joewhite440

Reaction score
I got the Road Wheels and Radial Ta's for the Road Runner. 15 x 8 rear with 275/60 and 15x7 fronts with 235/70.
I have the numbers 383 at the Machine shop but found an great deal on this engine and bought it. It is brand new with boxes of new parts to complete. I think it will find its way in the car being I need something to make up for it not being a stick!!!

051.JPG

052.JPG

050.JPG

Back