• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One project down, ? to go...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ray you crack me up :lol: Joe the part # is 2806070 Unless it was added to the Chrysler later on it probably isn't the right one, but who knows without looking :cheers:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Ray you crack me up :lol: Joe the part # is 2806070 Unless it was added to the Chrysler later on it probably isn't the right one, but who knows without looking :cheers:

Okay Joe, if you find one go just ahead and send it to Bob. I found one today. In my own garage of all places! :huh:
I was at the parts store this AM and drove my gold Duster. Some guy comes into the store and starts asking who owns the Duster so I told him I did. He just bought a '73 Duster 340 and was hunting some parts - some of which I have. So I go back home and start rummaging through the garage for him. After moving some stuff that hasn't been moved in 7 years I find myself looking at a seven bladed fan and a thermostatic fan clutch with no spring or anything on the front of it. Nah, it can't be. I yank it out of the pile, take all the measurements. It's an 070 mounted to a 216 fan. :lol: First thing I did was call Bob to share (...maybe grind him a little... :D ) my good fortune. It turns well, with no sticky spots, but the backside is a little greasy so I think it might have been leaking - not sure - I'll have to give it a thorough cleaning. Anyway, here's a crappy pic taken with my cell phone:

:jester:
Happy, Happy ACME... :banana: :banana: :banana:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
ACME A12 said:
Joe, I can't find the Prestolite distributor for my A12...check your basement please... :lol:

Good job, Joe! :cheers:

ACME
Ray
Is the prestolite distributor something special? Dual Points?
I have a box of BB point distributors What is the # on it. I never used the stock distributors. I would just pull them out and put in MP electronic. Then I went to the MSD stuff.
If I have one it is yours.

Joe

Joe:

The A12s did have dual point dists. They were made by Prestolite. Part numbers are 2875981 for manual tranny cars (which mine is) and 2875982 for auto-equipped cars. I don't plan on running one, but I would like to have one in case I ever decide to go 100% stock or have to sell the car. Otherwise I'll just put it on the shelf with all of the other parts that I don't plan to use like my 402 pan and my "world-is-flat" starter... :D If you have one I will gladly buy it from you. here's a pic:

ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
So Ray calls me and tries to ruffle my feathers about the clutch, not knowing I was driving my runner on a nice sunny day coming home from a car show where I won "Best of Show" :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
So Ray calls me and tries to ruffle my feathers about the clutch, not knowing I was driving my runner on a nice sunny day coming home from a car show where I won "Best of Show" :D

I would have to correct that to say "mildly ruffle my feathers"; I'm still on my best behavior around our resident Phone Cop so I can get a ride in the Hemi Car when we get to Lost Wages... :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
naw those fancey clutch fans are over rated. just to show you how nice I am, I'll trade ya for the plastic fan that's on mine.....

joewhite440

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
joewhite440 said:
[quote="ACME A12":3287mpya]Joe, I can't find the Prestolite distributor for my A12...check your basement please... :lol:

Good job, Joe! :cheers:

ACME
Ray
Is the prestolite distributor something special? Dual Points?
I have a box of BB point distributors What is the # on it. I never used the stock distributors. I would just pull them out and put in MP electronic. Then I went to the MSD stuff.
If I have one it is yours.

Joe

Joe:

The A12s did have dual point dists. They were made by Prestolite. Part numbers are 2875981 for manual tranny cars (which mine is) and 2875982 for auto-equipped cars. I don't plan on running one, but I would like to have one in case I ever decide to go 100% stock or have to sell the car. Otherwise I'll just put it on the shelf with all of the other parts that I don't plan to use like my 402 pan and my "world-is-flat" starter... :D If you have one I will gladly buy it from you. here's a pic:

ACME[/quote:3287mpya]

Acme

I know I do not have any Dual Point distributors just some old single point ones. No one uses them that I know of.

Shucks I did not even get to help Basketcase out. He PM'ed me that he bought a New Tin the first Summer he had his car.

Oh well I tried!!!!

Take care guys!!!

Back