• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One project down, ? to go...

a6t9vette

Reaction score
Still working on cleaning up my engine compartment, and today I decided to try something not so dirty and "restored" my air cleaner.

A little sand blasting, painting, baking, one decal, and a new pie tin and im done. Im very happy with the way it came out, before and after pics for your enjoyment.....

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
thats the way, one piece at a time. Looks great! One of the few parts I was able to salvage off my burned car was the air cleaner, and it's on my yellow car.couldn't find the pie pan though....... :huh:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
I am in the same boat as your before picture. I want to get to the same as your after......

What product did you use?

The results are great!!

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

a6t9vette

Reaction score
I sand blasted down to bare metal, wiped it down, and used VHT Wrinkle Plus Paint that I picked up from Summit

http://www.vhtpaint.com/wrinkleplus.html

The can had a great spray pattern to it and never clogged. I just followed the directions with heavy overlapping coats several minutes apart making sure to change the spray direction for each coat. I did bake it at 200F rather then air drying for 24h, not sure how much of a difference that would make in the final product, but nothing like instant gradification when it was done in 20 min..... Let me know if you have any other questions, or want pics....

joewhite440

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
thats the way, one piece at a time. Looks great! One of the few parts I was able to salvage off my burned car was the air cleaner, and it's on my yellow car.couldn't find the pie pan though....... :huh:

Dave
You have one. It was here in my basement the whole time friend!!! :yesnod:

Joe

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Joe, I can't find the Prestolite distributor for my A12...check your basement please... :lol:

Good job, Joe! :cheers:

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Joe, I can't find the Prestolite distributor for my A12...check your basement please... :lol:

ACME
Same with my 070 fan clutch Joe :D

joewhite440

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

ACME
Ray
Is the prestolite distributor something special? Dual Points?
I have a box of BB point distributors What is the # on it. I never used the stock distributors. I would just pull them out and put in MP electronic. Then I went to the MSD stuff.
If I have one it is yours.

Joe

joewhite440

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:

ACME
Same with my 070 fan clutch Dave :D

What is the number on the clutch fan you need. I think there is one off my father in laws 68 300 in my garage. We bought an extra car for parts when we restored his.

Joe

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
69hemibeep said:
Same with my 070 fan clutch Dave :D

What is the number on the clutch fan you need. I think there is one off my father in laws 68 300 in my garage. We bought an extra car for parts when we restored his.

Joe

Joe, Bob was asking about the 070 clutch fan for me...just send it to me directly when you find it... :devil:

:lmao:

Back