• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions greatly appreciated

ashy22

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been looking for a decent 69 roadrunner for about 12 months.

They are pretty rare in the UK.

The following has come up for sale over here in the UK.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C461873

What do you guys think about it

I am going to give the guy a call and request some more pictures.

Your views before I contact him will be invaluable

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Ashy22

:cheers:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C461873

4spd69RR

Reaction score
She looks great, priced is good as well. 16959.00 is equal to $27,933.42 us dollars. A runner in that quality over here in the US is bringing $30 to $35K. The only thing I see that is not original is the engine. Road Runners came with 383's or Hemi's, the only Runners with 440 was the A12 version. The A12 had a different hood. Other than that great looking car and fair asking price.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
It doesn't look bad, but there are some details missing or incorrect. Nothing that makes the car less drivable, just some things that you may want to fix or replace and you need to keep this in mind for two reasons. First reason is cost. Obvious... You're putting more $$ (or that funny L) in a car you've already sold the farm to buy. Second is more about the quality of the work... Example: Is the paint good? The guy couldn't put the bird in the right place on the deck lid so does that mean he could do the paint right? The devil is in the details.

Other noticeable items... Battery hold down, Air cleaner for fresh air hood, but no hood box, crusty looking horn, shoulder belt drooping (typical), radiator hose (hate that style hose) and one other thing... That's an A/C car. Great option... but.... the A/C stuff is missing.

I'm not saying it's not a good car, just like anything else, do your homework and take a long look at the car before you plunk the dollars.... errr pounds.... down on it.

modernistsouth

Reaction score
I'm also wondering if, for the price, should you expect the front brakes to be converted to disc? When I rebuild my front end geometry, the discs will be part of the job. Not sure what others think, but I want my brakes upgraded no matter what.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I agree with Big John. Beautiful car. See if he has the air conditioning parts, even if you don't put them on, be nice to have them. I've been fine with non powered drum brakes for 30+ years, so no big deal there for me. Crawl under the car, check the frames,transmission crossmember. Get in the trunk, if he had to replace the trunk floor on a Nevada car, maybe the panel between the back glass and the trunk lid is/was bad. Look under the dash, how is the wiring? same for the engine wiring.
good luck and let us know!

ashy22

Reaction score
:(

just spoke to the seller and it's sold.

Just have to keep searching.

Many thanks to you guys for your time and views.

The more I read your comments the better it is for me to make the right choice.

Cheers and thanks again.

Ashy22

ashy22

Reaction score
before you "shoot me down in flames" I know its not a roadrunner BUT....

I also found this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Plymou...er-Hemi-/161194755598?clk_rvr_id=573377079361

What do you reckon as an alternative. It looks cool but not done much research on a GTX if that's what it is.

It's the UK so I'm going to struggle to get what I really want ( 1969 RR 383 with 4 sp manual)

Thanks again in advance guys.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
if it just wasn't blue........:basketcase: Unless you just have to have the little bird sticker on your doors...I'd be all over that. Looks like a nice factory tach,factory radio,console auto, air grabber. Nice. Same advice as before. check it out, if you like it, bring it home.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Looks like a better car than the first one.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks neat, I'd be curious if it was a "H" code for 383-4 originally, not that it should matter but would be neat if it was.

ashy22

Reaction score
Sport Satellite in GTX robes. Looks nice.

Do you mean that its a clone?

The guy that sold the original Roadrunner that I was chasing at the start of the thread just called to say that the buyer is coming from Switzerland with the cash on 25th Jan. If for some reason he doesn't show then he will give me a call.

Fingers crossed then.
at

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
That first one had me checking to make sure mine was still in the trailer! Saw the first pic thought it was my car

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Do you mean that its a clone?

The guy that sold the original Roadrunner that I was chasing at the start of the thread just called to say that the buyer is coming from Switzerland with the cash on 25th Jan. If for some reason he doesn't show then he will give me a call.

Fingers crossed then.
at
That is how he is advertising it as a clone. On top of the ad not GTX or roadrunner

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If you can get the VIN # off the dash the 5th digit will indicate original engine size

ashy22

Reaction score
If you can get the VIN # off the dash the 5th digit will indicate original engine size

wouldn't it be better if that letter was "L".

excuse my ignorance but I am just getting my head around all the aspects of the RoadRunner. Satellites are another ball game (I think):shame:

Back