• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions greatly appreciated

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Butterscotch. slap some Cragars on it and call it a day :D

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
I like them all, but kind of partial to the 68-69 Body styles, I like the A12 clone best, looks like 999 Bahama Yellow on my screen... then the 70 GTX racer

ashy22

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am selling my 71 454 Corvette this weekend to make way for a Mopar.

The only 2 around at the moment are these below just imported from the States.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1970-PLYM...38731X9bk8fVPET15ed9w%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1968-Plym...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Even though they the listings have finished they are still available

What do you detectives think of these?

What makes the Roadrunner a clone?

Does the GTX look genuine - I noticed that there was no GTX badge on the rear right trunk lid.

Thanks in advance guys.

Cheers

Paul

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
pretty much the same advice as the other cars. Look them over in person. Check the frames, floors, all over for signs of rust, or half assed repairs. Between these two, I like the '68, clone or not. good luck.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Did they do a 440 RoadRunner in 1968?

Is the rear end trim correct?

In 68 they came both ways with and without trim and the only engines offered in 68 was the base 383 and Hemi option.

ashy22

Reaction score
Just spoke to the guy selling the 70 GTX. He says that there is no fender tag on the car but he has the build sheet and the broadcast sheet.
Does this sound wrong?
Is there any other way of proving the cars authenticity?
Are there numbers on the door pillar?

I will go take a look at the car (its 200 miles away !) and it would be good to have the knowledge before hand.

Thanks again guys.

69B5

Reaction score
Good morning Ashy22
The vin number of the car is stamped into the radiator upper support bracket and under the trunk gasket on the left side, drivers side here in the US.
If the seller claims this is a numbers matching car, then you will have to check the engine block, trany and rear end for matching vin. number
Good luck

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If the guy has a real broadcast sheet that is way better than a fender tag as it has all the info about the car.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
febder tags usually get removed when the car gets painted and they get lost.

ashy22

Reaction score
I think this is it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_2836.jpgIMG_2838.jpgIMG_2841.jpgIMG_2842.jpgIMG_2844.jpgIMG_2846.jpgIMG_2847.jpgIMG_2854.jpgIMG_2860.jpgIMG_2864.jpgsendbinary_med_loggo (1).jpgsendbinary_med_loggo (2).jpgsendbinary_med_loggo (3).jpgsendbinary_med_loggo (4).jpgsendbinary_med_loggo (8).jpgsendbinary_med_loggo.jpg

It looks really nice and clean.

I love the paint even though I don't think it's a 68 colour.

What do you think? 20k GBP

Says its a DANA60 rear end??

Column shift instead of floor. Does it matter? Which is the best position?

Thanks for any input

Cheers

Paul

IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2846.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

sendbinary_med_loggo (1).jpg

sendbinary_med_loggo (2).jpg

sendbinary_med_loggo (3).jpg

sendbinary_med_loggo (4).jpg

sendbinary_med_loggo (8).jpg

sendbinary_med_loggo.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
nice looking post car! Correct, that's not a '68 color, it's '70,but if you like it who cares? As far as where the shifter is better, I always hated column shift in a muscle car, but that narrow mindedness cost me a really nice '69 Coronet R/T in high school that ended up in the crusher. Leave it on the column, or gather the console and shifter if you want that.Price seems ok too. Good luck!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
69 seats and dash pad.

Rear shocks aren't mounted right.... Too close to center at top. I'd take a long look at the upper shock mount.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
wow! missed that Big. Definitely look hard at that shock mount. Repops are out there, probably busted up from air shocks, shouldn't be a big deal to replace the mount, but look closely like Big said, and check out the trunk floor above the mount, and figure any repair into the price of the car.And while you're under the car, look closely at the frames since they painted everything.

ashy22

Reaction score
Thanks Basketcase.

Here's a video.

It has drum brakes. Don't think they are power (can you have power drum brakes?) Will they have the guts to stop it?

Not sure if it has power steering.

Cheers.

[video=youtube;fNLyjGknEXc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNLyjGknEXc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
There's a power steering pump but no power brake booster.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
pretty sure I saw a power steering pump. Opinions vary on drum brakes, I've had them for 30+ years with no problem. Drive sensibly, and they are fine.I see they put the hood pins thru the rad support (same moron did that to mine).Sounds great. Check that shock mount over, and everything else we've told you about these cars, and good luck and let us know!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It is a Dana 60 but I bet the exhaust was put in before the shocks were installed.

Back