• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original 1968 Satellite Radiator

dobie

Reaction score
So the '68 Satellite 4 door is back in the garage, for now anyways. The plan is to drive it as much as we want, cause it never sold when it was for sale locally. Being a 4 door, no one wants it, even though its in great shape, and has only 59,xxx original miles on it.

I drove it home from Akron last night and as soon as I got it in the garage, she started puking antifreeze, from just about every square inch of the radiator. Thankfully I made it home though, and it never got hot once. Weird I thought. Anyways, I loosened the cap today and let it run for a bit and she puked up some more. Time for a new radiator I guess.

So, any thoughts on either re-coring the original or buying a new one? My RR's was recored and no issues so far.

Just for the info, the number off the top of the tank is: 2898 037. Numbers below that are: 18398

Roadcuda

Reaction score
dobie said:
So the '68 Satellite 4 door is back in the garage, for now anyways. The plan is to drive it as much as we want, cause it never sold when it was for sale locally. Being a 4 door, no one wants it, even though its in great shape, and has only 59,xxx original miles on it.

I drove it home from Akron last night and as soon as I got it in the garage, she started puking antifreeze, from just about every square inch of the radiator. Thankfully I made it home though, and it never got hot once. Weird I thought. Anyways, I loosened the cap today and let it run for a bit and she puked up some more. Time for a new radiator I guess.

So, any thoughts on either re-coring the original or buying a new one? My RR's was recored and no issues so far.

Just for the info, the number off the top of the tank is: 2898 037. Numbers below that are: 18398
According to this guide that radiator is 2898037 from a 1968 B-body, with a 22" in Radiator for a 273 or 318 with a Manual trans, and Heater.

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/referen ... rguide.php

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
My vote is to get it re-cored. So this was for sale? Tell me more...
I am somewhat of a '68 plymouth B-body junkie.
I've owned a 68 4 door 318 Satellite, 68 4 door 318 Belvedere, 68 GTX, and my current ride since '93 a 68 Road Runner.

dobie

Reaction score
Here's the story on the car. We bought it and drove it home from Carlisle in 2007. It was purchased from the original owner's son. The dad bought in new in '68 from the local dealer there by Carlisle. Since 1968, it has racked up just under 60,000 miles. A few years before he sold it he had it repainted in the original "U" code blue paint, and the bumpers re-chromed by Tri-City. Other than that, it's pretty much original. Various belts, hoses, etc... have been replaced over the years, but thats it really. For the most part, everything works like new, even the fuel gauge! It drives like a dream too, even with the points ignition. As you can see in one of the photos, there's a column shifter, and three pedals. Kinda neat, although that took some getting used to! It's a 273 motor. Until we drove it home, it had never left the area over there in PA. Once the dad died his son kept it for a few years and had it repainted. He finally decided to sell it back in 2007. From time to time, my x-wife still talks via email with the son, which is nice. I think he felt good about selling it to her, as it would be enjoyed by a family again. Oh, and we have the Certicard and the plastic credit card looking thing too for warranty work. No window tag though, and no buildsheet. We pulled the seats when we brought it home looking for the buildsheet. With a Lynch Road car though, who knows where it could be hiding.

The wife and I split back in 2008, and she took the car. Since then, she had it for a bit, and then gave it to her dad to sell to offset some money she owed him. Being a 4 door though, no one wants it, or would only pay a couple of thousand for it. It's sat since 2009 basically. A few months ago, the X decided to move back in for a year or two to save for a house, so she decided to bring the car back since it never sold. My girlfriend lives with me, so I got my hands full!! Actually they get along great, and go shopping together constanly. Weird, huh?

Anyways, I'm glad to have it back for now. Like I said earlier, the plan is to drive it and enjoy it.

dobie

Reaction score
Sorry for the crappy pictures. I just got done pulling the radiator and took a few with my cell phone.

2011-07-30_22-14-58_215.jpg
2011-07-30_22-16-00_495.jpg
2011-07-30_22-16-16_792.jpg
2011-07-30_22-16-29_253.jpg
2011-07-30_22-18-36_276.jpg
2011-07-30_22-28-29_150.jpg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I remember looking at that car wishing that I had the money at the time to buy it. I really liked it that much.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That's a clean taxi cab Steve and your right, there is no love for the four doors out there.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've always liked that car too. :thumbsup:

Sure like to find its station wagon cousin... :banana:

dobie

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It really is a nice car. Those crappy pics dont do it justice. Back in 2007 and 2008 Teresa took it to two local car shows and took first in one and second in the other. Not bad for a 4 door. :cool:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
dobie said:
Pretty screwed up, huh?
:eek:

Could get interesting if you three are sitting around doing shots of your favorite adult beverage...maybe accidently put an adult movie into the dvd player... :basketcase:

:jester:

dobie

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
dobie said:
Pretty screwed up, huh?
:eek:
That's way to much estrogen in one house :brickwall:
Tell me about it. My poor male dobie just got his junk wacked off on friday. Now I've got no help!!!!!
:jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:

Reminds me - I forgot to mention that Mrs. ACME is coming to visit you & Mrs. Hemibeep for a few months... :basketcase:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

Reminds me - I forgot to mention that Mrs. ACME is coming to visit you & Mrs. Hemibeep for a few months... :basketcase:

:lol: :lol: :lol: she's more than welcome :leave: Speaking of which you may see allot more of us in the future, my youngest and her boytoy are looking to move to Floridah in the next year, work permitting :yesnod:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

Hey you can have Mrs. Moparchris and her hormones to really round out the action!

Back