• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painting the raised lettering on dash panel

Steve

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to admit defeat on this as I don't want to bust it.Tried again to gently prise the thing out and all the switches want to come with it.Damn thing is stuck fast :brickwall:

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
Steve said:
I'm gonna have to admit defeat on this as I don't want to bust it.Tried again to gently prise the thing out and all the switches want to come with it.Damn thing is stuck fast :brickwall:
I have the same problem I want to pull mine out to redo but some of the switches wanted to come out and I think it was too tight on the left corners...

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
Hmm I was able to find a white paint pen but no blacks I wonder would you or have any of you masked off and spray painted it while it was in the car? Or would that make a mess and land on other areas?

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Really? There were plenty on the same rack when i bought mine. Maybe they were sold out.

I wouldn't spray it. The paint pen worked too well.

Don't detail the rear view mirror. That rubber plastic deal won't work with the paint. DAMHIK.

I get a nice reminder when I adjust the mirror. :brickwall:

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
Really? There were plenty on the same rack when i bought mine. Maybe they were sold out.

I wouldn't spray it. The paint pen worked too well.

Don't detail the rear view mirror. That rubber plastic deal won't work with the paint. DAMHIK.

I get a nice reminder when I adjust the mirror. :brickwall:
Aw that sucks I'll keep it on the switch panel lol.
Yeah I figure it would make a mess. I only checked a few stores and I found the white in harbor freight. I know the auto store has those duplicolor scratch repair pens, that should do?

Back