• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

peanut starters

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
the original ones make me smile when I'm cranking.

They always make me wonder if I gonna have to roll the battery charger over and give it a 200 amp boost just to get it spinning fast enough to actually crank... :lol:

I have friends coming over today from out of town - which means Bambi will get driven some today. Having sat for the past week or so there will be no gas in the fuel bowl and a marathon mopar starter grinding session will be in play; I'm almost resigned to pulling that PITA LOH off and nailing her with some starting fluid just to expedite the process... Conversely June Bug (my 340 powered '74 Duster) has sat for the past month and will also get fired off today. The difference being that she has a Powermaster mini starter and will pump gas up the carb in no time and will bust off before Bambi's reciprocating assembly has even made one revolution... You guys knock yourselves out with the flat map of the world...I'm using a globe... :lol:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The sound of a gear reduction starter or a good 60s tune, they sound great but I moved on. Oh that's right mine uses a direct drive :basketcase:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
69hemibeep said:
The sound of a gear reduction starter or a good 60s tune, they sound great but I moved on. Oh that's right mine uses a direct drive :basketcase:
I can fix that once i get my hands on it
Stu, I think your dreams are turning to nightmares! :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well Ray you just ship that PIA LOH up here to Ohio and I'll send you mine (hinges included of course). How fairer could that be?

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
2007,july, at about 3am woke up tp one of the neighbor kids beating on the hose yelling "you're garage is on fire!" Looked out the window to this.........
Dave, did you ever find that pic of the drive shaft out of that car? I still don't believe what I saw, and I don't think these guys will either!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Steve that pic of the driveshaft is on our old computer. I need to hook it back up(so I can finally trash it) and see if I can get the pic off of there.

wannarunner

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Basketcase said:
2007,july, at about 3am woke up tp one of the neighbor kids beating on the hose yelling "you're garage is on fire!" Looked out the window to this.........
Dave, did you ever find that pic of the drive shaft out of that car? I still don't believe what I saw, and I don't think these guys will either!

Without spilling the beans, I saw that pic on the old site, and it was quite the :eek:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
wannarunner said:
Roadcuda said:
Basketcase said:

Without spilling the beans, I saw that pic on the old site, and it was quite the :eek:
That's why I hope Dave can find it. The newer guys won't believe it!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
here is later that same morning......

Let's see...21 is the code for a post...23 is the code for a hardtop...27 is the code for a ragtop...can't seem to recall the code for a RR Fastback... :eek:

I've seen most of these pics before, Dave - but they never cease to stun me when I see them...

And as for the PITA LOH...after careful consideration...um, no. :D

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I'll trade ya a pair of mufflers of your choice........... :acme:
the fastback runner is easy.....just drop half of a 24X30 roof on it when the metal is white hot......... :brickwall:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
still don't know. The FD didn't see anything suspicious, so they didn't look into it. But there were two other garage fires that summer.

Back