• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pet pics

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
SPEAKING OF PETS.....MY GENTLE GIANT MASSTIFF JUST PASSED AWAY TONITE......CANT BELIEVE IT....SAD
Sorry to hear George, they become family. Between my wifes allergies and the way she handled the loss of our last dog, I just can't do it again.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
george68hemirr said:
SPEAKING OF PETS.....MY GENTLE GIANT MASSTIFF JUST PASSED AWAY TONITE......CANT BELIEVE IT....SAD
Sorry to hear George, they become family. Between my wifes allergies and the way she handled the loss of our last dog, I just can't do it again.
my wife sounds the same way.....yes they do become family.....so now shes looking for another giant .....unreal but watchdogs are the best

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:

So sorry to hear this, George. As I am struggling with how much longer to keep Leyna (she really struggles to move under her own power now) I could not be more in tune with your situation. I am so very, very sorry to hear of your loss.

:sada:

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss George. It sucks. I've had to put a few down over the years and it never gets any easier. The worst was my last rotty that died after surgery at three years old. Still can't say that I'm over it, probably the best dog I ever had, but it gives you a chance to give a good home to another needy one. :thumbsup:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:

Sorry foir your loss George yes they become part of the family.

Been thru this 4 times now and have a black lab that's 181/2 years old and I look every morning to see if we get another day with her.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
sorry to hear that George. We had to put our Beshenji down a couple years ago, had a spinal disorder they get, and she couldn't walk. last year The Boss agreed towatch this for here sister while they went on vacation, and we still have her. Just when I thought I had climbed a notch with the VW gift, I got knocked back down. She's attatched to Marilee's hip most of the time. Gonna be hard for her when that time comes.

IMAG0031.JPG

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that George . I've also had to put down some pets and it never gets any easier. My cat is about 9 years old now so I should have him for a good while yet, but I dread the day that I lose him. One reason for that is that he likes to say close to me when I'm home and is only a few feet watching me as I write this. He's like a kid to me and you do get real attached to your pets, be it dogs, cats, or anything else that people keep around.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
this is Jack guarding the train platform. glowing eyes are kinda creepy

2012.JPG

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
three out four cats, and The Boss's baby Daisy. The Boss is a petaholic

PTDC0001.JPG

zupanj

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that George. I know how you feel. I have a mastiff also and I am very attached to him. I dread the idea that he won't be with us forever. We have lost a number of dogs over the years and it is never an easy thing.

My wife and I both like large dogs and would probably opt for a mastiff again.

Back