• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plastic upper door frame plug question

resq302

Reaction score
I know on my charger, the upper door frame plugs that covered the access holes for the vent window frame bolts were interior colored plastic. On our mostly unrestored 69 GTX vert, the plugs were black plastic while the interior is the T7 bronze color. Granted, everything with the interior of the car was all original with the exception of the seat covers and carpeting which were replaced due to fading. I would like to put the plugs back in the correct color if they are indeed supposed to be interior color and not black. Can anyone shed some light on what would be correct?

Jim S.

Reaction score
I have pondered this myself. I am pretty much convinced the original plugs on my RR were white. Being white, they would get brittle and crack in the sun so replacing them from a hardware store or even a dealer, you would get black. The color could have varied also from where the car was built. Also maybe GTX and charger got black. I replaced mine 2 years ago with hardware store (black) ones, and painted the goofy things B7 interior color. Yeah I know now my car is not original. I could have got white ones but, they would rot away again. Here are a couple of e-bay links to both types. Still does not answer your original question.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/171002747665?lpid=82

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400111635666?lpid=82

resq302

Reaction score
The ones in the ebay links above are actually a rubber plug which I still have those in the brown color. I am talking about the ones on the front edge where the darker brown paint is. You can see one just at the top of center of the picture and then the second one just to the right of the center of the picture, just left of below the door hinge.

102_5936.jpg

Jim S.

Reaction score
Oh O.K. God you would have to think black. Never seen body plugs like that in color but, you seem to have a couple on the Charger. Maybe installed before the door was sprayed but, that would be pretty easy to tell.

resq302

Reaction score
The only reason why I painted the ones on the charger after I redid my door panels/frame was because thats what someone told me who had an OE gold restored 70 Charger. I agree that they SHOULD be black as all of the other plugs are black like the ones under the door latch, large plug on the underside of the door, etc. Again, this is why I wanted to verify it BEFORE I get the entire car back together and then have to mix up a VERY small batch of paint just to spray the plastic plugs.

Back