• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pop out windows

Rumrunner

Reaction score
There is black and white foam strips that are the gasket material for top of window frame and to pillar post. Had double layer at top as came out of car. Aftermarket must be thicker so took mine out and used one layer. Window was wanting to hit the body when opening it. Trial and error is the only way to adjust it the way it goes. The bottom gasket does not go over the outer body or trim it will be stuffed with the foam strip's you should have in the window gasket set will expand the gasket out to the body. This done from inside the car. Push those strips into the bottom side of gasket till it expands out to the body or your trim. It will have curved appearance. Mine kept wanting to pop us so had to try -try again till it was just right. LOL. If you put your pics in your computer, click on attach files. Go to pics the find the pix you want click on it then hit open it should download to your forum. Then you can choose full image or thumb nail. Hit the selection it should load for you. Keep us informed on the progress. :thumbsup:
I will look for and order the gasket kit. I'm a little dejected, I been messing around with the pop-outs and trim for a while now.
I'll have a beer and get back to it.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is a good question on are all b bodies the same. I don't think so but could be wrong. Mopart's is another source. Bought from so many sources can't remember them all. Surfed the net and found a lot of my part's. Car is looking good. They are a challenge for sure but stick with it. :thumbsup2:

Back