• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pop out windows

Rumrunner

Reaction score
Got my replacement "belt line trim" piece, new condition for only $235 (only) Have the
missing bracket for window support installed.
What do I use for adhesive or weather strip between the trim pieces and the body?
Gasket adhesive?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
There is foam material goes between body and frame of the pop out window. Got my stuff from part's mix. Gasket material and instruction's where in the box. There is a rubber seal between the window frame and the outside body across the bottom. Sorry did not take a lot of pics of the process. Did run a beadIMG_0102 (2).JPG of urethane window calk along the bottom gasket and body to the back where there was an opening at the tear drop piece. You can see some of the gasket between the post and the window hinge. Rebuilt frame with new gasket also. It is a good idea while you're at it.

1968 man

Reaction score
I have a 68 coronet also. There is a void in the curve of the chrome on theses cars. I think they didn’t worry too much about it sense it drains to the bottom of the 1/4. I will get you some pictures of both. I thought about seam sealer and paint it with the car but decided not to worry about it.

Rumrunner

Reaction score

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Don't have that gap on my 69. But did have a gap where the tear drop went on the end of the drip rail inside towards the window frame. Would fill that with some urethane window calk. That is what rust these car's out letting all that water run into your rocker panels. Just my two cents. I saw what rusted out these car's when taking it apart and addressed those areas. Better to have it run off the car than into the car. LOL. Hey, keep up the grate work and wishing you the best on the restore. :thumbsup:

1968 man

Reaction score
Don't have that gap on my 69. But did have a gap where the tear drop went on the end of the drip rail inside towards the window frame. Would fill that with some urethane window calk. That is what rust these car's out letting all that water run into your rocker panels. Just my two cents. I saw what rusted out these car's when taking it apart and addressed those areas. Better to have it run off the car than into the car. LOL. Hey, keep up the grate work and wishing you the best on the restore. :thumbsup:
After we restore them we’re not supposed to drive in the rain or wash them. Or leave them out side. Lol

5B97A03B-B74E-4885-BBA0-43FE70F95231.jpeg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Good luck with that in Fl. Rain is the one thing we have plenty of in the summer. LOL. Know where you live it is the same. Drive it wash it and then in ten years' give it a new paint job.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Scan_20220223.pngDid Not have a red pen so hope you can see my chicken scratching. Sealed after painting the car. Used yellow tape on the body to make a good line and on the gasket. When you get it they will send some long pieces of foam with it that stuffs from the inside. This makes it fill out to the body. Or your trim. The post gets foam type gasket material behind the window frame and the top of frame also. I used too much on the top and took some out so it would fit better. Trial and error. Also used 3M sealer on those don't think the factor did. Take plenty of pics when taking things apart. Which we all don't do as well as we should when removing parts off the car. Years later we forget what or how it went. I am guilty also. Keep at it and you will get it done.

Rumrunner

Reaction score
I get it!
Thanks Man.

View attachment 35653Did Not have a red pen so hope you can see my chicken scratching. Sealed after painting the car. Used yellow tape on the body to make a good line and on the gasket. When you get it they will send some long pieces of foam with it that stuffs from the inside. This makes it fill out to the body. Or your trim. The post gets foam type gasket material behind the window frame and the top of frame also. I used too much on the top and took some out so it would fit better. Trial and error. Also used 3M sealer on those don't think the factor did. Take plenty of pics when taking things apart. Which we all don't do as well as we should when removing parts off the car. Years later we forget what or how it went. I am guilty also. Keep at it and you will get it done.
I installed the passanger side pop-out yesterday. There are gaps mostly at the bottom to the body but also my window sits lower than the trim. Gaskets and sealer! I'll get the other side in today and re-evaluate.

Rumrunner

Reaction score
After installing both sides, they fit OK but I don't think the pop-0uts were made to fit the trim package I have. They seem to fit where the rubber lip would go over the body but the trim sits above. I think I said before, I would do without these trim pieces except, there are six holes in the doors for trim to match and car is already painted. Ideas?
(tried to send pics but right now not smart enough)

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
There is black and white foam strips that are the gasket material for top of window frame and to pillar post. Had double layer at top as came out of car. Aftermarket must be thicker so took mine out and used one layer. Window was wanting to hit the body when opening it. Trial and error is the only way to adjust it the way it goes. The bottom gasket does not go over the outer body or trim it will be stuffed with the foam strip's you should have in the window gasket set will expand the gasket out to the body. This done from inside the car. Push those strips into the bottom side of gasket till it expands out to the body or your trim. It will have curved appearance. Mine kept wanting to pop us so had to try -try again till it was just right. LOL. If you put your pics in your computer, click on attach files. Go to pics the find the pix you want click on it then hit open it should download to your forum. Then you can choose full image or thumb nail. Hit the selection it should load for you. Keep us informed on the progress. :thumbsup:

Back