• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project "57"

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I didn't have a garage untill a couple years after I got married. definatly a shade tree mechnaic
after the fire, since I didn't have 20+ years of car parts, i built a 16x24IIRC

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Don't feel bad. This is what I have to work with. I finally found out that the only way I could fully open one of the cars doors was to park them this way. Otherwise I would have to back one of them out of the garage to work on the other.

Man I love that little 'Cuda... We need more pics of that. You know with four Dusters and the wife's Swinger (not counting parts cars...) that I'm not exactly a "Closet A-Body Fan"... Where's that member photo gallery that I proposed...???!!! :banana:

You might want to try re-aligning that trunk lid on the RR; the gaps are just a tad bit wide... :lmao:

:jester:
Ray

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Hmm... member photo gallery.. I can come up with something.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:
Don't feel bad. This is what I have to work with. I finally found out that the only way I could fully open one of the cars doors was to park them this way. Otherwise I would have to back one of them out of the garage to work on the other.

Man I love that little 'Cuda... We need more pics of that. You know with four Dusters and the wife's Swinger (not counting parts cars...) that I'm not exactly a "Closet A-Body Fan"... Where's that member photo gallery that I proposed...???!!! :banana:

You might want to try re-aligning that trunk lid on the RR; the gaps are just a tad bit wide... :lmao:

:jester:
Ray

Well Ray, here ya go. But now I need to some more pics of you Duster. My first new car was a '74 Duster that had a 318 and 4-speed. I had alot of fun with that one.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh man that little Barracuda is S-W-E-E-T!!! Love the color combo too!

And as reciprocity is the order of the day:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's an underhood shot. This was a grandma-fresh /6 car that I swapped a 340 into. Gotta love the A/C down here...

And speaking of /6-powered Dusters, here is a quick shot of my little F4 '70 model that still has its leaning tower of power intact. I have a nice Eddy-headed 340 sitting on a stand waiting to go in this thing but I just have too much stuff already torn apart to get into it... Also have a 8.75" with 4.30's and Moser axles...just need to get a tranny together... Someday.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
They are both good lookin' cars Ray. It does bring back memories. Sometimes when I browse the ads, I'll look to see what there is for the '73-74 Dusters. Ya never know, there could be another one around here some day. As for that color, it's the third "Valiant," I've had. The first was a '65 with a 170 /6, a '67 with a 225 and now this one. I guess I've liked that color.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Must be nice to have a lift like that to get that body off a frame. Did you find any surprizes anywhere?

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Not really any surprises. It's a pretty solid car. I have a few cross members to replace but I'll keep you posted with pics. I need to shrink them down next time. :cool:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Did you win the election?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
when my Uncle bought his property back in the mid '80s, there was an IH TD14 left behind by the former owner. this was great, cause one of the things my uncle collects, is crawlers. The former owner used the dozer to bury his trash. He would make a hole, then cover the junk up. One of the things we found were parts of a '57 Chevy. There is still the cowl and windshield area of one laying around waiting for the next scrap run.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Big John said:
Did you win the election?

That wasn't me. It was in a town close to were I live and I was driving through town one day and saw it next to a car wash. I stopped, pulled it up and was trying to put it in the back of my truck when this guy comes running out of the car wash asking me why I was stealing this sign. I told him my name was Gary Bailey and I needed the sign to put in a larger traffic area. He made me show him my ID and down the road I went............ :lmao:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Got my frame back from the Sand Blast shop. Put it back on the rotisserie. If anyone is wondering how much dirt, sand and rocks would be in a 57 Chevy frame after 52 years....................4 gallons which was 82 pounds........ :loco:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Got my frame back from the Sand Blast shop. Put it back on the rotisserie. If anyone is wondering how much dirt, sand and rocks would be in a 57 Chevy frame after 52 years....................4 gallons which was 82 pounds........ :loco:
Was all that on the outside of the frame, or did some of it find it's way inside of it?

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
It was all on the inside of the frame, and that was before I sent it to the Blast Shop. I got another gallon out after that. :loco:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Looks like its coming along. After I had the runner media blasted I got 4 gallons of media out of it by spinning it like a roasted chicken :lol:

Back