• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project "57"

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I just had to buy those jack stands cause they match my runner....... :lol: Probably a little overkill for the frame but those 12 ton ones go up to 32".

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
It was all on the inside of the frame, and that was before I sent it to the Blast Shop. I got another gallon out after that. :loco:
That was all on the inside? :eek: You were lucky it didn't rust out the frame anywhere!

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
I just had to buy those jack stands cause they match my runner....... :lol: Probably a little overkill for the frame but those 12 ton ones go up to 32".

I don't even have a jack that goes that high :eek: Thats some serious jack stand there! LOL

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Check out how much people have bent the frame in with floor jacks. I don't think I'll have that problem any more....... :lol:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Thanks, I've been fabricating on and off for 20 years. Never full time, just always a jack of all trades. I really enjoy it at home. I really hate it at the shop because someone is always pulling me away and asking questions about different jobs. At home its just me and my tools.................. :banana:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Spent some more time out in the shop. Put the shock mounts on. Still need to do the finish work. This should work if I decide to put those sand rail tires on and hit the dunes..... :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
not being versed at all in '57 Chevys, are you adding things that weren't there, or replacing bad parts?

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
On 57 chevys they mounted the top of the shock to the body. Almost every one of them are busted or cracking severely. I cut the one off of this one that someone else had added, it was very gowdy looking.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
This should work if I decide to put those sand rail tires on and hit the dunes..... :lmao:
That sounds like a good idea, Where'd you get that from? :devil:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Got everything welded up solid. Time to get out the grinder, flap wheel and other finishing goodies...... :thumbsup:
It looks like you're going to have a real strong frame there, Gary! :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
wow thats some serious work your doing on that frame....are you step welding and cooling.....dont want that frame dancing around from all that heat.....you will know when you bolt on the body back on it

Back