• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project long overdue

roadrunner4life

Reaction score
Sorry its been so long but will keep you up to date (and yes with pic's) on my project. First off I want to thank you for all the help that you have given me since I have found this forum. I am doing all this work myself except for paint, I am making this an A12 clone. Sorry to disappoint some of the green team but I'm thinking of either hemi orange, black, or silver, But thats a long way off....anyway enjoy the pic's and I'll post more as we go along.

solid gold

Reaction score
Hemi Orange gets my vote! :thumbsup: Nice Car! :thumbsup: You did say you wanted it to stand out! Also, my painter tries to talk people out of black, do to the time and detailing it takes to clean it. Just my 2 cents. Sorry about the Green Team losing a member.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I like the orange idea, was your car a hemi car? I'm still looking for my first one it was an F8 car.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking good! :thumbsup:

If you're looking to go the clone route and you want it to look somewhat realistic then you'll need to abandon the Hemi Orange idea. A12 RR's were not available in V2 Hemi Orange - that was a Dodge only color. The Plymouth only orange was K2 Vitamin C Orange. Just FYI.

Ray

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looks like a great project. be great in any color. and make your baby the way you want it. we all pretty much agree on that here :thumbsup:

roadrunner4life

Reaction score
This car started life as a 383 with air and power disk brakes, 3.23 was out back, steel wheels painted body color, I bought it from a older gent that bought the car in L.A. and spent all its life there, that is till I bought it Jan, 1976, I was told that he had a fender bender somewhere in 72 or 73, The body shop he took it to repalced the left front fender, As you look closely at the pic youll notice a bronze color maybe T-7 ?? As I began doing the sanding (several layers thick) I started to wonder what kind of life my car had..............both doors had several pounds of bondo with little to no body effert ......Now the front fenders and doors are at the body shop, for metal work and prime, I have a long way to go but will not rest till I see paint back on my chicken will keep you all posted and yes Ray...........pictures

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
roadrunner4life said:
and yes Ray...........pictures

:basketcase: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You would think that's funny. He clearly has you and I confused... :toetap:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

roadrunner4life: While I like pics as much as anyone on here, our good friend basketcase is the unchallenged Lord of the Picture Hounds on this website... :D

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well that does sound classier than Herr Pic Madam....guess I can cancell the poodle....and lamp post.

moparchris

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
well that does sound classier than Herr Pic Madam....guess I can cancell the poodle....and lamp post.
Well it depends if your wearing your lace panties or not. :lol: :acme:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
if it would get my 1/4s on and fresh paint........

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
lets see...cheapest gas I saw yesterday was $4.05, approx 6000 miles round trip, 15mpg, about $1700 in gs, I'll be there around suppertime :D

Back