• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulling Motor and Trans

mcmopar

Reaction score
I have a forged 383 crank from a '68 if you are building a 383. I believe you are doing the 440 though. If so, nevermind.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
I have a forged 383 crank from a '68 if you are building a 383. I believe you are doing the 440 though. If so, nevermind.

John, his post states he is working on a 383...so your crank may still be in play...

BBillyC

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have found one nearby for 150 bucks. Have to grind it 10/10. The big search is on now for a lower left side rear window moulding. Anyone have one of these...this one is hard to find.

mcmopar

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:

John, his post states he is working on a 383...so your crank may still be in play...

Oops - missed that! Thanks for the update.

sam z

Reaction score
Hey BBillyC,
I suggest you pick up the book "Rebuilding big block mopar engines" by Don Taylor if you
haven't already. Its available from many online sources or good book stores. It is a simple,
straightforward read on pulling, rebuilding, reinstalling. Tells you everything you will encounter, what size wrench to use in every situation, when you need a buddy to help out, etc.

Great reference section in the book as well on big block engine specs and interchangeability for parts.

Back