• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

quarter panel connection to trunk and tailpanel

Palmer Moe-par 68

Reaction score
I am going to be installing some new quarter panel on my 68 roadrunner and I am uncertain as to whether or not I weld the gold marked areas on the trunk extension and tail panel to the quarter panel.
upload_2017-7-10_20-18-25.png

upload_2017-7-10_20-21-31.png

-Mr.Moe-par

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
This is an area that I have not gotten to yet. Give me another month and will probably be to that area. May be the other guy's will know. Always take a lot of pics before you dismantle the parts. I also take a yellow pad and draw and mark out where the weld's where and attachment point's. If their is something to see. Just a tip. Ok Guy's lets help out this Runner brother. Russ. :drama:

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Hello, this winter I went through that process, had to replace the whole metal sheet at the back of the car. As far as I can remember, I welded both of your gold marks on my quarters.

The upper piece (forgot the English name sorry) was it original or you also replaced it?
because I had to replace it, but first I installed my quarters then went for that part and had to adjusted it on the extremity with the quarter.
Then I welded it just like you on the trunk floor and then with clamps welded it on the quarters.
I will check tonight once I will be home but if you want you can go on my post in the project section. You will find it page 5, but the pics aren't big enough but we can see the welding marks.

Just click the link below (it is at the bottom of the page if I remember well) :
https://www.69roadrunner.net/mopar/threads/no-more-road-for-the-runner.12574/

Hope this will help you. Let me know if you need anything else :thumbsup:
Thomas

Back