• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question for Restro experts.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much of the radiator support was blacked out with paint from the factory? I'm talking about the area that shows through the front grill. Getting ready to do that if we ever have another (global warming) 60 degree day.

A12

Reaction score
These are from a '68 but they are done the same on the '69's;

MikeR

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I followed a thread on moparts that had a diagram.[attachment=1:63of0lnt]road runner 784 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:63of0lnt]

wannarunner

Reaction score
If you want I can take a buch of pics of my '69, its still original, looks like they threw up a template and just roughly sprayed what they wanted blacked out.....

Jim S.

Reaction score
wannarunner said:
If you want I can take a buch of pics of my '69, its still original, looks like they threw up a template and just roughly sprayed what they wanted blacked out.....
No you don't have to but thanks. A12 and Bob gave me more than enough info. Thanks.

A12

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
a pet peeve of mine......I never like seeing body color through the grill.......

me too.........unless it's black :D

A12

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
I think some colors didn't get the blackout treatment. Maybe do some research???

Some didn't, black was one of them. I've seen F8 and B7 with the black-out so for '69 colors what beside X9 - black, would not get the black-out treatment if all of the available colors are lighter??

Here's a survivor '69 F8 road runner with black-out

Back