• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radios?

a6t9vette

Reaction score
A little sand blasting and that should be fine..... Sent you a PM, thanks again.....

John69RR

Reaction score
a6t9vette said:
Basketcase, thanks, set you a PM.....

69hemi, thanks, once I get the pic, we will see if the Tempering had any effect... :)

From looking up under my dash it looks like there are probably suppose to be two bolts where the head gets captured in a bracket right by each of the defroster vents. Are these anything special, if anyone have the speifics on them so I can try and find a pair?

Here is a picture of the speaker mounting bolts that i believe you are referring to. I converted my dash single speaker to a dual speaker.
download/file.php?id=3350&mode=view

a6t9vette

Reaction score
John do you recall if the bolt was anything special as far as the head, I assume its captured in the bracket, so possibly like a carriage bolt?

John69RR

Reaction score
Bob is right. The stud is part of the dash. It has been a while since this project. Wish I could give you a more detailed answer.

andy69

Reaction score
just try to get an old origional or push button to replace the hole in the dash even if it just works then stick an mp3 or whatever under the dash

Back