• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ray found you another Metropolitan Have chris go get it 4u

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Ray found you another Metropolitan Have chris go get it

Dammit man! I'm trying to thin the herd and you're trying to grow the flock!

I like it...but I can already hear the Mrs... :leave:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

dang I thought the boss's Vdub motor was small.....Ray you get rid of Pinky you can hide that Metro in a corner for a few months, bring it out, and just say you've had it for years..... :lmao:

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score

Basketcase said:
dang I thought the boss's Vdub motor was small.....Ray you get rid of Pinky you can hide that Metro in a corner for a few months, bring it out, and just say you've had it for years..... :lmao:
:thumbsup: That's a great idea, what could possibly go wrong? :lmao:

Jim S.

Reaction score

Basketcase said:

Yes, that is the "90 day rule". If she doesn't catch you in 3 months, it's yours and you have had it for as long as you can remember. :lol:

moparchris

Reaction score

Jim S. said:
Basketcase said:

Yes, that is the "90 day rule". If she doesn't catch you in 3 months, it's yours and you have had it for as long as you can remember. :lol:
Exactly!

moparchris

Reaction score

I can pick it up and store it for you while you break it to Mrs. Acme gently. :pot:

ALX69RR440

Reaction score

At the local pick your part yesterday:

[attachment=1:1fh8neyk]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354162650.715671.jpg[/attachment:1fh8neyk]

[attachment=0:1fh8neyk]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354162742.316615.jpg[/attachment:1fh8neyk]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354162650.715671.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354162742.316615.jpg

moparchris

Reaction score

Wow Alex, that looks pretty straight and rust free. Bummer that its there. You know Pick-A-Part will sell you any car in the yard for $800. Just sayin'.

EDIT: As a side note that Nash in Pick-A-Part would be killer with some steam rollers and a Buick Grand National V6. :pot:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

looks too good to be in a boneyard

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

moparchris said:
Wow Alex, that looks pretty straight and rust free. Bummer that its there. You know Pick-A-Part will sell you any car in the yard for $800. Just sayin'.

EDIT: As a side note that Nash in Pick-A-Part would be killer with some steam rollers and a Buick Grand National V6. :pot:

Chris knows my Kryptonite... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:jester:

ALX69RR440

Reaction score

moparchris said:

It’s at Ecology Auto in Wilmington. I’m saving my pennies to get the bird painted. I’ve changed directions with the project and now I want to build an A12 tribute/clone/look-alike whatever. I’m close since it’s an A31 car and it already has a healthy 440.

ALX69RR440

Reaction score

Basketcase said:
looks too good to be in a boneyard

It did look good. I didn’t look at it all the way around or paid much attention to the interior. But it can be used to put the convertible on the other thread back to stock.

moparchris

Reaction score

ALX69RR440 said:
moparchris said:

It’s at Ecology Auto in Wilmington. I’m saving my pennies to get the bird painted. I’ve changed directions with the project and now I want to build an A12 tribute/clone/look-alike whatever. I’m close since it’s an A31 car and it already has a healthy 440.
Very cool. How is the old girl? She ready to go to Irwindale for some fun?

ALX69RR440

Reaction score

moparchris said:
ALX69RR440 said:
moparchris said:

Very cool. How is the old girl? She ready to go to Irwindale for some fun?

I won’t have time to work on the power steering leak until January. So I say by mid-January she will be ready! I just got a folder with dyno data sheets that my buddy got from the engine builder. Looks like the engine builder did 19 runs changing timing/carbs/spacers/gas and the best run from what I can tell was 550 tq and 509hp at 5500rpm. So I’m itching to see what she’ll do on the strip. :beep: :beep: :beep:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

550tq and 509hp....is that all? :eek: :drive: :drool: :thumbsup:

Back