• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Seat Shoulder belts?

a6t9vette

Reaction score
Now I know this was a pretty rare options, so it’s rare to see a set for sale, but any idea of anyone is repoping these like the regular belts. I’d like to have something a little more secure for the kids in the back other than a lap belt. Right now I use the lap belt with a car seat that has a 5 point harness, but they are rapidly out growing them and need a shoulder and lap belt for the booster seats.
If no one is making these does anyone have some more details on them, lengths, how they were bolted in ( I hope all cars had the provisions). Any help would be appreciated.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
a6t9vette said:
Option code C14.... They were avaliable, just very rare....

Yep, look at the rear deck sometime. There's cutouts for the belts in the cardboard that can be punched out.

But anyway.... There's some street rod 3 point belt kits available. I'll bet you could make those work.

A31PKG

Reaction score
I knew they were offered, and are quite rare, but does anyone have any pics of them?

I've always been curious how they were anchored/stowed, etc...

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat I'd like to do more with the car but my son is young, we have the 5point booster too, the directions say only to use that with a shoulder harness system not a lap belt. I can't see where that would make a difference since the lap belt will hold the booster seat in place and the five point will keep the child in place. Also many cars don't have the rear seat belt such as my 95 blazer so then what do people do?? I'd like to use the car more next year but haven't really came up with any either.

Back