• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

roadrunner projects

zupanj

Reaction score
George,

I'm thinking about putting the MSD box under the battery tray where it will be hidden. I have seen a couple of Mopars that did that and it seemed to work OK.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
that is the same spot i had mine when it started crapping out.....the track was only 114 degrees that day though

a6t9vette

Reaction score
updates:

on the rear, i decided to put helicoils in at all 4 threaded holes in the yoke. Worked well, and I was able to button everything up, add fluid. Now I just need to put the engine together a wait a few months for a road test....

broken head bolt, got a few min to work on this today. Decided it would be easiest to just pull the head to I could try to drill out the bolt, and maybe use an easy out although I dont know if that will work based on how tight all other other bolts were, but who knows after a few drill sizes and some heat. I just need to cross my fingers that I dont Break a drill bit..... On a side note this was my first time pulling a head, and I was supprise to find how much antifreeze stays in the block.... (Note to self for next time)......

mcmopar

Reaction score
Last year at this time I had time and no $$$ to work on the car. Nowadays I'm as busy as ever but am still shy on funds. Well, at least its good to be busy! All I really need to do is replace the throwout bearing but since I'll be in there I'll probably yank the headers and send them out for media blasting (getting some rust here and there) and then coat them with POR's Factory Manifold Gray. Its great stuff and won't burn off of either manifolds or headers.

V269

Reaction score
Well now that my door felts are in and the weatherstrips are replaced I dropped off the front seat back's to the upholstery guy to have the headrest's installed today since I already had them out of the car. Picking the little job's off one at a time. :banana: :beep:

droptop

Reaction score
a6t9vette said:
updates:

on the rear, i decided to put helicoils in at all 4 threaded holes in the yoke. Worked well, and I was able to button everything up, add fluid. Now I just need to put the engine together a wait a few months for a road test....

broken head bolt, got a few min to work on this today. Decided it would be easiest to just pull the head to I could try to drill out the bolt, and maybe use an easy out although I dont know if that will work based on how tight all other other bolts were, but who knows after a few drill sizes and some heat. I just need to cross my fingers that I dont Break a drill bit..... On a side note this was my first time pulling a head, and I was supprise to find how much antifreeze stays in the block.... (Note to self for next time)......

After you get the head off, take a washer and place it over the broken stud, and then weld a nut onto the stud. The washer will keep the head from being damaged, and the heat will break the rust around the stud that is in the water jacket. As soon as the weld cools, (when it is no longer red) put a wrench on the nut and back out the broken off stud. This has worked very well for me in the past. You maybe able to get to it without taking off the head, but I don't think you could do it at the number 7 cylinder. If you break off an easy out......... :brickwall:

V269

Reaction score
Ken King said:
Well now that my door felts are in and the weatherstrips are replaced I dropped off the front seat back's to the upholstery guy to have the headrest's installed today since I already had them out of the car. Picking the little job's off one at a time. :banana: :beep:

Just came back from the guy who installed my headrests and put the seat back's in the car. Look real nice with headrests on them. Gives it the finished look. Also painted the kick panels and the seat hinge covers to match everything else. Interior about finished now. Looking sweet. All black and all new. :thumbsup: :banana:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Ken King said:
[quote="Ken King":22zbsu9x]Well now that my door felts are in and the weatherstrips are replaced I dropped off the front seat back's to the upholstery guy to have the headrest's installed today since I already had them out of the car. Picking the little job's off one at a time. :banana: :beep:

Just came back from the guy who installed my headrests and put the seat back's in the car. Look real nice with headrests on them. Gives it the finished look. Also painted the kick panels and the seat hinge covers to match everything else. Interior about finished now. Looking sweet. All black and all new. :thumbsup: :banana:[/quote:22zbsu9x]

there is nothing better then new :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
please I've never seen the inside of a '69 road runner before :jester:

V269

Reaction score
Does anyone know why my pics I post always refer back to photobucket to be viewed ? :huh:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Very Nice! I used to prefer buckets over bench seats. I even pulled perfect benches out for tore up buckets. Now I likem as much or better.

Back